C550 SMS Ringtne Wont Stop Playing Till End

Guest silversurfer2008

Guest silversurfer2008

Hi everyone this is my first post on MoDaCo.

I have a problem which I first encountered on an Orange SPV C500 (AKA Typhoon) and is also now evident on my SPV C550 (AKA Hurricane)

and my SPV E650.

The problem is this.

If you want to add an sms ringtone (midi ringtone on the SPV C550) and then someone sends you a text message, any normal mobile phone would accept any key press to stop

the ringtone from playing the SPV C550 ignores the keypresses and carries on playing the tune till the end (this is a pain in the ass if your on a bus or somewhere else

embarrasing).

Is there a way to cure this problem? I know i can jut set shorter ringtones but this limits what you can use.

This also seems to be a problem on the SPV E650 but in its case at the moment i cant seem to add a new sms tone to the phone (they seem built in and only way i have read is to edit the registry, which seems a bit stupid as you could add new sms tones with earlier SPV Phones) and all the sms tones built in are short and stop quickly so no embarrasement there.

Luckily in both the SPV C550 and SPV E650 cases voice calls when you press the call accept key stop the ringtone playing.

Maybe someone who uses MoDaCo and has these phones can tell me of a setting on the phone or if there is a utility which can be added to the phones to fix this problem.

Thanks everyone any help very gratefully received.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
Guest awarner (MVP)
Hi everyone this is my first post on MoDaCo.

I have a problem which I first encountered on an Orange SPV C500 (AKA Typhoon) and is also now evident on my SPV C550 (AKA Hurricane)

and my SPV E650.

The problem is this.

If you want to add an sms ringtone (midi ringtone on the SPV C550) and then someone sends you a text message, any normal mobile phone would accept any key press to stop

the ringtone from playing the SPV C550 ignores the keypresses and carries on playing the tune till the end (this is a pain in the ass if your on a bus or somewhere else

embarrasing).

Is there a way to cure this problem? I know i can jut set shorter ringtones but this limits what you can use.

Sorry for the late reply but the simple answer to your question is it is not possible to cut off the SMS ringtone.

The phone handles SMS differently to incoming calls.