Problems Flashing E650

Guest bulj

I'm trying to flash an Orange E650 with S710 firmware using this dedicated guide:

http://www.mypageofmanythings.com/my-tips-...0-firmware.html

Everything goes fine until I get to this step:

9. Unzip Vox-USPL-RUU.zip and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe. Click on Next twice.

...after clicking next twice I get this error message:

ERROR [260] : Connection

As a test I started the RomUpdateUtility without using uspl_116_jockyw.bat to see if I could get beyond the error. This worked fine but I have not proceeded any further during this stage. Can anyone help get past this error? I have tried this on two different machines already and the process pans out just the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by bulj

Guest iamdecal

just out of interest, what OS is your PC running? i have a simlar problem with the other methods ive found to flash my roms on my Vista PC, - i plan to try this page tonight though. will post how i get on.

D

Guest amirsamdani
I'm using WinXp x86 and WinXp x64

I have got the same problem as once "uspl_116_jockyw.bat" is finished and ended up with message "now start a MTTY session or RUU" it also disconnects phone from the PC or reboots the smartphone so USB connection is lost and I cannot run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe! I even restarted phone and tried to run ROMUpdateUtility.exe but utility end up with error 270 - update error (image file is corrupted, please check your update utility).

I think there are people who can help but they are not helping because they are asking for money to help you :D