O2 (UK) email settings

Guest Kippax

Guest Kippax

OK... so I've got my googlemail to send and receive, but my O2 account will only receive.

When I try to send it tells me that it cannot connect to the outgoing server.

incoming mail server : mail.o2.co.uk

Account type : pop3

username : full email address

outgoing mail server : smpt.o2.co.uk

tried with "requires authentification" both ticked and unticked

Require SSl - unticked (both incoming and outgoing)

I have had similar problems on other devices with my O2 email (I am currently trying to do this on a T-Mob Touch Plus) and actually solved it previously by asking the device to use the same settings for both incoming and outgoing mail servers. Not this time though.

Anybody able to help me ?

Guest M@rkC

outgoing mail server : smpt.o2.co.uk

Presumably the above is just a typo on your part.....it should be "SMTP.o2.co.uk"....... :D

As for the exact settings, I'll have a look around on my PC - I'm sure I had all the UK operator settings in a file somewhere.....

Mark.

Guest Kippax
Presumably the above is just a typo on your part.....it should be "SMTP.o2.co.uk"....... :(

As for the exact settings, I'll have a look around on my PC - I'm sure I had all the UK operator settings in a file somewhere.....

Mark.

Nope.... it wasn't a typo.

I'm going to lie down in a darkened room for a week.

Humble apologies. :D

Guest M@rkC
Nope.... it wasn't a typo.

I'm going to lie down in a darkened room for a week.

Humble apologies. :D

:(

You'd be suprised how many people make that mistake.....the usual one is "STMP".....maybe it's something to do with the fact that the human eye sees only the first and last letters of a word clearly and "invents" the bit in the middle.....or, you could just chalk it up to the fact that your phone can't handle your speed typing and jumbled the letters on purpose :(

In any event, glad it's sorted!!

Cheers,

Mark.