Network / Carrier Settings

Guest blakatak

Guest blakatak

The i780 I have is SIM-unlocked and not carrier-branded in any way on the box or device. However, it seems that the carriers in the Philippines (where I bought it) are hard-coded in, because I did a hard reset upon returning to the US, and I have an AT&T SIM in the phone, but when I go to Start > Settings > System > Operator Settings, it just lists those four carriers from the Philippines, and my Voicemail, WAP, GPRS and MMS settings are all configured for Globe (one of the local carriers there).

Is there a way for me to add a new carrier or get my AT&T network settings onto the phone without manually entering them?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ccyc
The i780 I have is SIM-unlocked and not carrier-branded in any way on the box or device. However, it seems that the carriers in the Philippines (where I bought it) are hard-coded in, because I did a hard reset upon returning to the US, and I have an AT&T SIM in the phone, but when I go to Start > Settings > System > Operator Settings, it just lists those four carriers from the Philippines, and my Voicemail, WAP, GPRS and MMS settings are all configured for Globe (one of the local carriers there).

Is there a way for me to add a new carrier or get my AT&T network settings onto the phone without manually entering them?

blakatak,

did you find a solution to this as I am having the same problem with a German in the UK

Guest blakatak
blakatak,

did you find a solution to this as I am having the same problem with a German in the UK

I didn't find a way to remove the hard-coded settings, or to import settings for a new carrier, so I ended up configuring the settings manually through Settings > Connections, and in MMS Options.