Generic WM5 vs. Orange sludge

Guest Dark Horse

Guest Dark Horse

Howdy all,

I've got an unlocked Orange branded i600 which works great however I'd really like to get rid of the Orange crapola that's been slapped all over it. Am planning on doing this via a flash to the European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand" ROM provided on the MoDaCo wiki.

Does anyone know if the European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand" ROM contains Messenger and/or Pocket MSN? Can anyone provide a brief list of improvements and extra apps that the WM5 "no brand" ROM provides over the Orange sludge version?

Am not really looking to move from WM5 to WM6 as the latter offers no compelling value proposition but would be interested to hear about any comparisons on the i600 between the two in terms of pure performance.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest Dark Horse
Howdy all,

I've got an unlocked Orange branded i600 which works great however I'd really like to get rid of the Orange crapola that's been slapped all over it. Am planning on doing this via a flash to the European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand" ROM provided on the MoDaCo wiki.

Does anyone know if the European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand" ROM contains Messenger and/or Pocket MSN? Can anyone provide a brief list of improvements and extra apps that the WM5 "no brand" ROM provides over the Orange sludge version?

Am not really looking to move from WM5 to WM6 as the latter offers no compelling value proposition but would be interested to hear about any comparisons on the i600 between the two in terms of pure performance.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dark Horse

And the answer is yes! The European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand" ROM does indeed contain Pocket MSN including messenger. More details available in my definitive guide to debranding the i600 post here.

Regards,

Dark Horse