Reccomend a smartphone please.

Guest unknown-singh

Guest unknown-singh

Hi im looking to purchase a smartphone, i basically need the device to access email, and to use for instant messaging.

i have narrowed my search down to

Samsung I600 (Blackjack)

HTC S620 (Excalibur)

HP iPAQ HW6915

any other reccomendations are welcome,

QWERTY keyboard and WIFI a must.

thanks.

p.s this will be a temporary device, until the sony X1 is released or until there is more info on the HTC raphael.

Guest Dark Horse
Hi im looking to purchase a smartphone, i basically need the device to access email, and to use for instant messaging.

i have narrowed my search down to

Samsung I600 (Blackjack)

HTC S620 (Excalibur)

HP iPAQ HW6915

any other reccomendations are welcome,

QWERTY keyboard and WIFI a must.

thanks.

p.s this will be a temporary device, until the sony X1 is released or until there is more info on the HTC raphael.

I reckon the Samsung i600 is the better device by a huge margin and a complete and utter bargain at only 100 quid inc fully unlocked from Expansys. The HTC S620 is an ok device but let down badly by the terribly mushy keyboard that offers little tactile feedback. If you need something with Qwerty then a decent keyboard is imperative so try before you buy. I'd disregard the bulky and frankly quite outdated HP iPaq, but also consider the HTC S710 that has a slide out keyboard with Wifi and is a great handset, marginally better than the i600 depending upon your requirements (battery life vs 3G, moby size, camera requirements etc.

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest Saulik

I just tried to compare chosen smartphones by score.

Okay. Here are the results:

Samsung SGH-i600

Score: 8.3 out of 10 based on reviews from 81 sources in 18 countries.

HTC S620

Score: 9.2 out of 10 based on reviews from 84 sources in 19 countries.

HP iPAQ hw6915

Score: 9.1 out of 10 based on reviews from 73 sources in 19 countries.

So as you can see yourself the best score by reviews has HTC S620. As for me - I'm totally agree with the crowd. Anyway it's up to you!

• 2 weeks later...