Vista Icon

Guest dtphantom

Guest dtphantom

For those of you poor souls using Vista it's one redeeming feature over XP is WMDC. It works so much better than ActiveSync, the problem though is it doesn't have an icon for the Blackjack II. Not anymore :D

Use your cable not bluetooth for this.

Copy the sync.ico into the root of your /windows directory on your phone through the explore your device option on WMDC. Your going to have to enable show system files from windows explorer

after you have copied it go to your control panel and look for device manager. Under device manager look for portable devices, then delete your phone(it's probably going to be labeled "smartphone")

disconnect your phone from the cable and wait 30 seconds or so then plug it back in. Your computer should reinstall the drivers for your phone and when you open WMDC you should see a picture of a BJII now.

sync.ico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest KettererE
For those of you poor souls using Vista it's one redeeming feature over XP is WMDC. It works so much better than ActiveSync, the problem though is it doesn't have an icon for the Blackjack II. Not anymore :wacko:

Use your cable not bluetooth for this.

Copy the sync.ico into the root of your /windows directory on your phone through the explore your device option on WMDC. Your going to have to enable show system files from windows explorer

after you have copied it go to your control panel and look for device manager. Under device manager look for portable devices, then delete your phone(it's probably going to be labeled "smartphone")

disconnect your phone from the cable and wait 30 seconds or so then plug it back in. Your computer should reinstall the drivers for your phone and when you open WMDC you should see a picture of a BJII now.

Can I get one for the blue version of the phone please? ;)

(it's got a white front)

Guest KettererE
Can I get one for the blue version of the phone please? ;)

(it's got a white front)

Did one myself! :wacko:

Could use some work but good enough for me!

BJII Blue Icon: sync.ico

Edited by KettererE