Cannot connect to carkit

Guest Tosty_82

Guest Tosty_82

Hey all,

Currently i'm using a HTC Touch (Branded as a Orange p3450, not unlocked).

I got a leased car with a build-in Bluetooth carkit called Audio Blue by Funkwerk Dabendorf (FWD).

However i'm unable to connect the phone with the carkit. I know it's not in the Compatibility list but i'm not sure why not (still waiting for reply by Funkwerk).

This is what i should do and what goes wrong:

* Bluetooth on the phone is on, can be found by other devices, no passkey needed for bluetooth, and i set 'accept incoming/outgoing signals' in the settings-menu on.

* I let the Audio Blue search for the phone, it finds one (gives me a mac-adress, so if you know a way i can check my bluetooth mac-adress on the phone would be great) and i make it connect.

* The Audio blue gives me a passkey (random generated).

* I let the phone search for the carkit, select it and give the passkey.

* As soon as i press 'next' the carkit cancels the whole connecting process.

Anybody some interesting ideas?

Guest chucky.egg

I think that you shouldn't be searching from the phone as well, it's starting a new pairing process which is probably what kills the existing one.

Try starting the pairing from your Touch

Guest Paul (MVP)

Indeed, when the car kit gives you the PIN, you should then be prompted for it on your Touch.

Your Touch is set to 'Discoverable' right?

P

Guest Tosty_82

If i start searching from the carkit it finds the phone and gives a pin. But the phone does not pop-up 'a device wants to connect' so if i do nothing on the phone the adding-process on the phone isn't started, thus i can never enter the PIN.

If i start from the phone (doing nothing on the carkit) i'm asked for a PIN, which i do not know because it did not generate one (it only generates a PIN after i select a phone on the carkit).

I tried to start the 'phone-search' AFTER i received the PIN from the carkit, but i can start it on different moments as well, i'm just not sure when.

My phone is set to discoverable (no passkey needed on my phone, because i cannot enter a code on the carkit).

For extra ensurance i also actived settings > connections > outgoing signals > accept incoming signals (weird, i have an menu called accept OUTgoing, and in there the only option is accept INcoming).