Garmin Mobile XT on i600

Guest BadTrt

Guest BadTrt

Greetings,

I've been trying to find a version of Garmin Mobile XT which could flawlessly work on i600.

Starting from the most newest version of software (4.20.50wp) going back to the older ones, one single problem remained :

I can not enter letters in the text field (to name streets, towns, etc...) - instead of letters, numbers are shown.

Meaning, i600's qwerty keyboard is not working.

Did anyone came across the same problem or managed to solve it?

If there are users with fully working Garmin on theirs i600s - please advise further:)

Thnx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nLinked
Greetings,

I've been trying to find a version of Garmin Mobile XT which could flawlessly work on i600.

Starting from the most newest version of software (4.20.50wp) going back to the older ones, one single problem remained :

I can not enter letters in the text field (to name streets, towns, etc...) - instead of letters, numbers are shown.

Meaning, i600's qwerty keyboard is not working.

Did anyone came across the same problem or managed to solve it?

If there are users with fully working Garmin on theirs i600s - please advise further:)

Thnx in advance.

Hi

I am having the EXACT problem with my Garmin Mobile XT on the Samsung SGH-i600. I have it updated to the same latest version. I managed to make it work ONCE by uninstalling it, reinstalling it, installin the Base Maps update from their site, and then the keyboard worked.

But, when I went back to their site to download and install the Support Files update and the 4.20.50w update, the keybaord stopped working again. I repeated the reinstallation procedure and installed the Base Maps update again only, but this time the keyboard didn't work for some reason.

I asked Garmin for support and they asked me to update it. As I've already tried it many times I'm going to reply to them today and let you know what they say.

If anyone else has had the same problem and knows how to fix it please let us know!

Regards.

Guest BadTrt

Thnx for reply.

After couple of hard resets I've given up.

On a clean hard reset - Garmin works fine. As soon as I start installing other apps - keyboard stops working properly.

There is no single app that couse this problem to occur - meaning - there is some general issue with some of Garmin's *.dll, which are not able to control certain registry entries in a rightfull manner. This is, ofcourse, noobish conclusion, but the best that I've come up with.

For a while I even thought its the RAM - and tried consecutive soft resets providing 26MB of it - no dice, same thing happened.

Whats interesting is that when I start QuePPC.exe - I am able to enter text easily (after pressing "Fn" button once).

Ofcourse that version is not usefull, since there's no touchscreen.

So, there is some general [beep] with this.

I've exchanged few emails with samsung.garmin folks - waste of time.

good luck.

Guest nLinked
Thnx for reply.

After couple of hard resets I've given up.

On a clean hard reset - Garmin works fine. As soon as I start installing other apps - keyboard stops working properly.

There is no single app that couse this problem to occur - meaning - there is some general issue with some of Garmin's *.dll, which are not able to control certain registry entries in a rightfull manner. This is, ofcourse, noobish conclusion, but the best that I've come up with.

For a while I even thought its the RAM - and tried consecutive soft resets providing 26MB of it - no dice, same thing happened.

Whats interesting is that when I start QuePPC.exe - I am able to enter text easily (after pressing "Fn" button once).

Ofcourse that version is not usefull, since there's no touchscreen.

So, there is some general [beep] with this.

I've exchanged few emails with samsung.garmin folks - waste of time.

good luck.

Well, I've been waiting too, they don't reply...

Guest nLinked
Well, I've been waiting too, they don't reply...

Just received a reply at last. ANd all they say is that I should call 08082380000 (UK) and speak to their handhelds department. I don't know if I'm bothered...

Guest BadTrt
Just received a reply at last. ANd all they say is that I should call 08082380000 (UK) and speak to their handhelds department. I don't know if I'm bothered...

Thnx for reporting. Don't bother, they surely are not going to reach to devs.Maybe the bug will be fixed with future versions.

• 3 months later...
Guest piotrpz
Thnx for reporting. Don't bother, they surely are not going to reach to devs.Maybe the bug will be fixed with future versions.

HI, do you solve the problem ? I've the same situation...

Regards

PP