After overclocking MPX is dead?

Guest Lympe33

Guest Lympe33

Hi guys,

I did the stupiest thing ever? I overclocked my mpx200 and after a reboot, phone is dead..

I striped it (desperate) and took of the backup batt hoping that factory setting will fix the situation. 

Nothing hapend tho hence the message. Is there any solution? I would apreciate a lot.

Regards

Simon

Guest awarner (MVP)

You should be able to do a hard reset and restore the factory defaults.

Remember you will have to reinstall and applications you have previously installed and re-sync your phone with your pc etc.

Guest Lympe33
You should be able to do a hard reset and restore the factory defaults.

Remember you will have to reinstall and applications you have previously installed and re-sync your phone with your pc etc.

hey thanks for replying,

Unfortunatelly I try to by pressing blue and ON together. Nothing happend. It seems that the mobile

remembers the last setting I did on the CPU. I also try to have both external and internal batterys

disconected but no luck. Please help since I love that phone.

Cheers

Guest awarner (MVP)

Strange as a the overclocking would only kick in after the phone has loaded the OS and the hard reset is activated before that happens.

Make sure you have the storage card removed from the phone before trying the hard reset (unless you have a dodgy copy of WM5 then you have to have the card in as the OS relies on this).

Apart from that the only other possible defect could be that somehow after extreme overclocking the cpu has been damaged.

• 3 months later...
Guest Tranzystor (Patrick)

Hello

Try to remove the main battery about 30min and the next try to going to botloader mode left key of cursor if the device is show in "device manager " you flash again your phone .... if you run on wm5, 6, 6.1 more than 138 /144 mhz system files may to crash ......