Kaiser & Jawbone (or other Bluetooth Headsets)

Guest Happy Dave

Guest Happy Dave

Hi

just got a new Jawbone (after realising my faithful Parrot Minikit didn't work very well with my Vario III) which is working nicely with my Vario III, MS Voice Command working properly and the quality seems to be very good. One piece of curious behaviour though is the phone ringing. When a call comes in the Jawbone rings but the phone only vibrates. I can't get both the phone and the Jawbone to ring - this is annoying because whilst its a pretty comfortable headset I dont want to wear it all the time in the car or whenever its connected.

Can anybody confirm this also happens with theirs? The only thing I have that could possibly be messing it up is SPB Phone Suite

Many thanks

Dave

Guest hotphil

I think that's standard behaviour for a wired or wireless headset - I guess they reckon most people wouldn't want the handset to have an audible ring if one's attached. Not sure there's a way round it or not.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I think that's standard behaviour for a wired or wireless headset - I guess they reckon most people wouldn't want the handset to have an audible ring if one's attached. Not sure there's a way round it or not.

Just tried this on my TMobile Vario III (Running TLR's 6.1) - When a call comes through the phone rings and the BT headset (Jabra BT 500v) vibrates...

Just so you know :D

SF

Guest Happy Dave
Just tried this on my TMobile Vario III (Running TLR's 6.1) - When a call comes through the phone rings and the BT headset (Jabra BT 500v) vibrates...

Just so you know :D

SF

I've checked the latest version of SPB Phone Suite and thats made no difference, with any of the profiles enabled, its going to be a pain this. I've paired and repaired the headset and with its services as either HandsFree or Headset the same behaviour occurs.

I could try uninstalling Phone Suite and seeing if that makes a difference but I really really like it !

Guest Happy Dave
I've checked the latest version of SPB Phone Suite and thats made no difference, with any of the profiles enabled, its going to be a pain this. I've paired and repaired the headset and with its services as either HandsFree or Headset the same behaviour occurs.

I could try uninstalling Phone Suite and seeing if that makes a difference but I really really like it !

just done a hard reset, paired the Jawbone and now both ring on an incoming call! Now got to start adding the progs back one by one to see what the issue is, this could take some time...

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Dave ...

Ive got the parrot Minikit in the car. I've found that it works ok ... but what bugs me is that I have to manually connect the device each time and tell it that it is the headset. Is this what you found with the Parrot Minitkit?

I bought my partner a jawbone, and she love it. Im tempted to get myself a jawbone ... but only if it works such that I turn on bluetooth on the handset, turn on the jawbone and it connects.

Id rather not be fiddling around every time going into settings to tell the kaiser that the connected bluetooth device should be used as the headset!

Thanks

Tom

PS Essentially I want it to work like my old Sony Ericsson phone ... turn on bluetooth and turn on device ... and all sorted!

Guest Happy Dave
Dave ...

Ive got the parrot Minikit in the car. I've found that it works ok ... but what bugs me is that I have to manually connect the device each time and tell it that it is the headset. Is this what you found with the Parrot Minitkit?

I bought my partner a jawbone, and she love it. Im tempted to get myself a jawbone ... but only if it works such that I turn on bluetooth on the handset, turn on the jawbone and it connects.

Id rather not be fiddling around every time going into settings to tell the kaiser that the connected bluetooth device should be used as the headset!

Thanks

Tom

PS Essentially I want it to work like my old Sony Ericsson phone ... turn on bluetooth and turn on device ... and all sorted!

I found that the minikit showed as being connected but most of the time didnt transfer the audio (firmware 1.03c, lots of complaints about TyTn II on the Parrot forums). It worked fine with my Vario II so I dont know what happened, anyway it was a good excuse to buy a new gadget!

With the Jawbone I leave bluetooth on on the phone and turn the Jawbone on/off as i get in or out of the car. It just connects every time with no problems.

As to my earlier issue I did a hard reset, and both the phone and Jawbone now ring with an incoming call, I then reinstated a backup and they both still ring (for now) so its all good. The jawbone looks to be a winner, am going to try and get a better fit by cramming a jabra minigel onto it rather than the jawbone ear pieces.

Edited by Happy Dave

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Excellent, that's just what I wanted to hear. I shall be getting myself a jawbone straight away :D

I was having the same problem with the minikit as you detailed above.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Eeek just seen this post ... I've dispatched the other half off to town to get me a jawbone!!!!

Time to recall the troops!