Changing Vario III housing to TyTN II

Guest jamzi

Guest jamzi

Hey everyone

Basically Im wanting to change the housing/fascia on my Vario III to the TyTN II housing and was just wondering if anybody has any experience doing this and how easy/difficult it was?

Been searching the net for tutorials on how to do it but so far found nothing!

Also the only place i can find to buy the housing in the UK is ebay but i dont have a paypal account so paying for this would be difficult so would rather use somewhere that i can just use my debit card to pay for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Regards

Jamzi

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I don't mean to pee on your bonfire ... but ...

Why bother?

Surely it's the same as buying a "opel astra" and then buying a Vauxhall badge set for it.

Is there really any technical improvement for changing the case? I did see somewhere that someone had changed the buttons on the front for the TyTN II ones, and something didn't quite work properly.

Guest falfa
I don't mean to pee on your bonfire ... but ...

Why bother?

Surely it's the same as buying a "opel astra" and then buying a Vauxhall badge set for it.

Is there really any technical improvement for changing the case? I did see somewhere that someone had changed the buttons on the front for the TyTN II ones, and something didn't quite work properly.

I disagree, I went for the Orange Tytn II over the T-mobile Vario III purely because I did not fancy the Vario III. I look at my Tytn II and think it's worth it every day. Plus as a bonus Orange has 3G were I live, T-mob has GPRS.

I have a Vario II that I still think is sexy, but then looking at the Orange version I feel I'm eyeing up a fit bird behind my average bird's back.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

But there is no difference other than a couple of buttons.

My point is .. why bother for a couple of buttons, and probably invalidate your warranty. (although that's invalidated by sticking better ROMs onto it).

Just seems daft to me ... but then again adding fibreglass panels and neon lights to a car is beyond me too. Especially when car manufacturers spend millions in wind tunnel and tuning tests, for some chav to add 30 quids worth of fibreglass wing and a baked bean can to the exhaust!

Guest jamzi

Thanks for the replys everyone.

Had a wee think about it and just going to leave it as it is for now. Cant really be bothered with the hassle having looked at a couple of dismantling guides!!

Jamzi