WARNING: Are you on "Orange World Unlimited"

Guest m3100tony

Guest m3100tony

WARNING!

Many of you got this deal in 2006 which was available via retentions to prevent some of the many peolpe that were jumping to T-Mobile web+ walk unlimited data for £6.50 / month.

It was called ORANGE WORLD UNLIMITED - The deal comprised 1000Mb of data for £8/month. I was never made aware of any time limit - to the contrary they guaranteed I would be able to renew it.

I upgraded last November (TYTN > TYTN2) and they specifically guaranteed me the same deal (1000mb for £8).....

Now they have deleted the data package and charged me pro-rata for the data in May. I see others have bills £1000+ for one month of data alone.

In my case this is clearly a breach of contract - I kept careful notes of who and when I spoke to when upgrading (always do this ! Take a full name and extension and email yourself to create a contemporaneous note of ANYTHING they say or promise!)

They have refunded my pro-rata data charges and offered me 250mb for nothing/month to compensate me.

I am not sure I will accept as I may go over this, and a deal was a deal..... and they will only offer this till my contract is up for renewal after 12 months from the last upgrade which only takes me to Nov 08. I have two phone (wife and me) on this deal.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone that was on this popular retentions deal called ORANGE WORLD UNLIMITED - It expired and you are now paying through the nose!

Edited by m3100tony

• 1 month later...
Guest Wozbacca

i had the exact same issue

i had a tytn on the orange world unlimited, and i upgraded to the tytn2 back in october and was told that all bundles etc will roll over for the length of the new contract

i was on orange premier 600 too, which meant i could upgrade after 9months, and it was a 12 month contract.

i got a bill in feb08 for £230 which is about 4x my usual, so i moaned to Orange.

they told me i was wrong a few times, and that i should have known that the orange world unlimited was due to expire. which i wasnt told.

so the only way they can offer me a decent data allocation is to put me on panther 75 web or something, which is 250mb per month

but its an 18month contract

so i had to lose my lovely "upgrade every 9 months" tarrif and now im stuck with 18month!

to make matters worse, they still havent refunded me my data costs for that month (~£150) despite assuring me that it'd be done on my next bill date. i've been waiting for 4 months now...

i really really really hate orange now... after being with them for 9 years they just screwed me over too many times

Guest shadamehr
WARNING!

Many of you got this deal in 2006 which was available via retentions to prevent some of the many peolpe that were jumping to T-Mobile web+ walk unlimited data for £6.50 / month.

It was called ORANGE WORLD UNLIMITED - The deal comprised 1000Mb of data for £8/month. I was never made aware of any time limit - to the contrary they guaranteed I would be able to renew it.

I upgraded last November (TYTN > TYTN2) and they specifically guaranteed me the same deal (1000mb for £8).....

Now they have deleted the data package and charged me pro-rata for the data in May. I see others have bills £1000+ for one month of data alone.

In my case this is clearly a breach of contract - I kept careful notes of who and when I spoke to when upgrading (always do this ! Take a full name and extension and email yourself to create a contemporaneous note of ANYTHING they say or promise!)

They have refunded my pro-rata data charges and offered me 250mb for nothing/month to compensate me.

I am not sure I will accept as I may go over this, and a deal was a deal..... and they will only offer this till my contract is up for renewal after 12 months from the last upgrade which only takes me to Nov 08. I have two phone (wife and me) on this deal.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone that was on this popular retentions deal called ORANGE WORLD UNLIMITED - It expired and you are now paying through the nose!

If you are SURE it amounts to breach of contract, as it does indeed sound, then as such, you have an even easier option - leave and port your number to T-Mobile.

The date when you were DUE an upgrade, or could leave, is matterless - if it is a breach of contract, you cannot be held to your contract term, as there IS NO contract.

So consider that option.

Guest Confucious

Shad, you are, of course, right. But they rely on there size to bully people and most people wont take them on, they threaten with credit blacklists etc and know that most people will cave in :D