BlackJackII - cannot edit registry.

Guest John Hope

Guest John Hope

Hi all,

Just got a BlackJackII from the ATT store near me. My goal is to edit the registry so that downloaded email and attachments can be stored to the mSD card.

After a great deal of time on this, I still do not have a resolution. I have tried the following:

1) Editing the registry directly with Resco Explorer 2007. No luck.

2) Applying Paul's GPS hack/App Unlock - the GPS works at com4, but the app unlock doesn't seem to work.

3) Attempt to modify:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

Parameter: 0000101b

Set value to "1"

I cannot modify any registry values Policies key. I get the the confirm yes/no, select yes, then the value does not change from 0 to 1.

4) Attempt to add keys to:

HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings

PropertyPath = \Storage Card\Inbox

AttachPath = \Storage Card\Inbox\Attachments

The problem is, whenever I try to add these strings, I get an error and it won't let me add the strings.

The message is "Error". Again, I am using Resco Registry Editor 2007.

It seems ATT has locked down the BlackJackII in a fashion we are not aware of.

If anyone has input, please advise.

Thanks..

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. Everything was working fine under my 6.1 upgraded Blackjack II when the gps started getting very poor reception. I had to stand still in a field for 30 minutes before I could get a lock. So I reset my phone thinking I had a reg setting messed up.

I have installed all the application unlockers and cannot edit the registry.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I have the same problem. Everything was working fine under my 6.1 upgraded Blackjack II when the gps started getting very poor reception. I had to stand still in a field for 30 minutes before I could get a lock. So I reset my phone thinking I had a reg setting messed up.

I have installed all the application unlockers and cannot edit the registry.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Try using CERegEditor to edit the registry instead of an on-device registry editor.

After making the changes, you can immediately see if it is changed by refreshing the registry entry.

Can be downloaded here: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

I App unlocked & performed some modifications without much difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BAD Bear
Try using CERegEditor to edit the registry instead of an on-device registry editor.

After making the changes, you can immediately see if it is changed by refreshing the registry entry.

Can be downloaded here: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

I App unlocked & performed some modifications without much difficulty.

:lol: You have to download PHM registry !Don't give up and keep tryin!Many things i have tried dosent work as said, But majority does! Make sure you have application unlocked your phone!