Stereo Bluetooth...is now mono :s

Guest andrewkeith5

Guest andrewkeith5

Odd one this

I originally bought a Jabra BT320S A2DP headset for use with my Vario III (with TLRs ROM) and for a second phone (to use in the gym/at the pub, etc.)

It all worked fine initally. The TyTN would pair perfectly with the headset, and output sound perfectly as normal in stereo.

However, once I actually bought said second phone (a Nokia 5300 XpressMusic), and paired it with the Jabra, the TyTN suddenly seemed to feel gealous and not want to work. In this case, the TyTN would simply not correctly pair with the Jabra headset - it would find it, pair to it, but not recognise the A2DP Stereo Bluetooth profile despite respoding to AVRCP commands (the remote control buttons).

I have since got around the pairing problem by deleting the profile from the TyTN every time I pair the headset with the 5300 - the problem now is although the TyTN recognises that the headset is A2DP compatible, it only seems to output mono sound (on the left), which I am completely baffled by - every program, and even screen taps, are just mono, even phone calls, all of which used to be in stereo.

The 5300, by the way, pairs and works perfectly every time I use it with the headset - pairing is always instant and sound is outputted correctly in stereo, so I know it isn't the headset. The same music (and memory card in most cases) is used across both devices, so that's not the problem either. The only thing I can't remember about the process was whether or not I upgraded to the TLR rom during the time at which the headset wouldn't pair, but since the profile never disappeared, I don't think I did...

so...err....help....?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post,

Andrew

Guest shootydogthing

I have this issue with MY bt320s sometimes, i have to delete the phone pairing and reset the headset, then hook them back up... hope this helps

Guest andrewkeith5

like i said above, i've already tried that:(

hopefully the hard reset thats applied when I update tlrs rom next should sort the problem, otherwise any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrewkeith5

This is really starting to p*** me off now, I'm about to start thinking of an inventive way to destroy the damn thing

I've now upgraded to the latest 6.1 ROM from TLR, and once again the damn thing has gone back to not connecting properly with the headset - it is now completely ignoring the fact that it has A2DP and stereo bluetooth, and allows only the hands free profile.

Is anybody else using the TLR rom with a stereo headset, because I'm really annoyed at how it has just randomly stareted dong this - there is nothing at all wrong with the headset itself, it still works perfectly on the 5300, and also on my brothers sony ericsson