Opera Mini JSR75 problems

Guest matteandhue

Guest matteandhue

I have the newest trusted opera mini 4.1 but still haven't been able to save a page or download anything from it. Do our phone's support JSR75 because under the about settings in jblend it says that it is one of the java configurations. Anyone having problems with this? Is there something else I need, hack maybe?

Edited by matteandhue

Guest thelostsoul

Look for the 2008 version of Esmertec's Java engine. It runs Opera Mini in fullscreen and just works so much better.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest matteandhue
Look for the 2008 version of Esmertec's Java engine. It runs Opera Mini in fullscreen and just works so much better.

I can't find this for free. I am not paying that much money.

Guest matteandhue

Alright, so I have decided to get a different version of the Esmertec JBED from the xda-developers site to put on SD card so that java apps are not on actual device. Installation of Opera Mini 4.1 from "operamini.com" was very strange. The title bar said Error during whole installation but after a restart it seems to be working fine except for the following:

1. fast scrolling with numbered keys 2, 4, 6, 8 doesn't stop scrolling! If I just push one of them once, it takes off and won't stop. It didn't do this with original Java built in to Blackjack II?

2. The mscr file that was suppose to load opera mini does not. It just loads Esmertec launch page. So from xda developers I read how to create a shortcut directly to Opera Mini without pushing extra buttons. Very simple fix though.

4. Also the mortscript version that you provided did not have all the necessary files, I had to go to xda-developers and actually get the "real" JZSmartMort for it to finally work. The only thing that I've noticed is it cannot find Opera Mini 4.1 after 25 seconds of loading a link.

Other than that, this is the way mobile browsing should be. Full screen!!!!!

Edited by matteandhue

Guest thelostsoul

Actually, about the MortScript application that I modified, because Opera Mini 4.1 was renamed in the application manager to simply "Opera Mini" I need to update the code. I'll do that in a short while.

I did not include the other link script in the official JZSmartMort release because it doesn't support the Blackjack II. The copy/paste function uses CTRL-C/V which doesn't work on the Blackjack II. I have thought up an alternative possibility to code this for the Blackjack II, but I haven't started working on it yet.

EDIT: Okay I just updated it. Go back to that thread and download the new archive in the first post. The only file updated is the JZ Browser mscr.

EDIT2: Sorry, also updated the "Opera Mini 4.1.mscr" file to also support the official release of opera mini 4.1.

If you're running JBED from an SD card, please let me know if the new ones work for you! Thanks!

Edited by thelostsoul

Guest matteandhue
Actually, about the MortScript application that I modified, because Opera Mini 4.1 was renamed in the application manager to simply "Opera Mini" I need to update the code. I'll do that in a short while.

I did not include the other link script in the official JZSmartMort release because it doesn't support the Blackjack II. The copy/paste function uses CTRL-C/V which doesn't work on the Blackjack II. I have thought up an alternative possibility to code this for the Blackjack II, but I haven't started working on it yet.

EDIT: Okay I just updated it. Go back to that thread and download the new archive in the first post. The only file updated is the JZ Browser mscr.

EDIT2: Sorry, also updated the "Opera Mini 4.1.mscr" file to also support the official release of opera mini 4.1.

If you're running JBED from an SD card, please let me know if the new ones work for you! Thanks!

*Updated Latest version now supports the official release of Opera Mini 4.1.

Thanks, I got the following JZsmartmort version that is currently working on blackjack II (well I think it is)from here.

It looks like the post you updated in your archive is an old post. Here's a newer post that looks like the same but has been updated. You can view it by clicking here.

However, I'm interested in trying yours here in a short while. I'm on Modaco forums more than xda-developers because of the phone I have so I'll keep you up to date.

*NOTE ABOUT SHORTCUT* Also if someone wants to create a shortcut without using the mscr you can by creating a shortcut and adding the parameter s?_ The question mark being the number of the java midlet. The only thing is you must make sure the character #s are correct. Total Commander does not do it properly.

I'll be trying this on an SD card.

Guest thelostsoul
Thanks, I got the following JZsmartmort version that is currently working on blackjack II (well I think it is)from here.

It looks like the post you updated in your archive is an old post. Here's a newer post that looks like the same but has been updated. You can view it by clicking here.

However, I'm interested in trying yours here in a short while. I'm on Modaco forums more than xda-developers because of the phone I have so I'll keep you up to date.

*NOTE ABOUT SHORTCUT* Also if someone wants to create a shortcut without using the mscr you can by creating a shortcut and adding the parameter s?_ The question mark being the number of the java midlet. The only thing is you must make sure the character #s are correct. Total Commander does not do it properly.

I have not tried the latest official one, I've just been working off my moded one which works fine for me. The thing about the direct shortcut to Opera Mini, the one I included in my archive does not require modifying the value for which number midlet yours is because it searches for where it is installed and runs it.

Guest JZ SmartMort

matteandhue, let me know if you have any issues and I'll fix it. I would rather have folks tell me if something is not working so I can fix it for everyone. The problem for BlackJack II was fixed by adding different pasting methods for Opera Mini. In the future it will be a lot harder to manually use my scripts because I now distribute them in a CAB file, which makes registry entries that the my scripts will expect to be in place.

Please pick up the official JZ SmartMort CAB file from XDA-Developers or from SourceForge. Here are some screenshots and features below...

1. Copy/Paste

2. Clipboard History

3. Multi-Browser handler (Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, NetForce, Skyfire, IE)

4. Default browser with a timeout

5. Opera Mini shortcut creation on the Start Menu

6. Hardware button mapping to JZ SmartMort functions

7. Many other features, hacks and tweaks which I plan on continuing to grow.

Thanks!

JZ

post-373518-1212801945_thumb.jpg

post-373518-1212801949_thumb.jpg

post-373518-1212801953_thumb.jpg

post-373518-1212801958_thumb.jpg

post-373518-1212801962_thumb.jpg

post-373518-1212801966_thumb.jpg

Edited by JZ SmartMort

Guest matteandhue
matteandhue, let me know if you have any issues and I'll fix it. I would rather have folks tell me if something is not working so I can fix it for everyone. The problem for BlackJack II was fixed by adding different pasting methods for Opera Mini. In the future it will be a lot harder to manually use my scripts (without crediting me!) like described in this post (referenced above), because I now distribute them in a CAB file, which makes registry entries that the my scripts will expect to be in place.

Please pick up the official JZ SmartMort CAB file from XDA-Developers or from SourceForge. Here are some screenshots and features below...

1. Copy/Paste

2. Clipboard History

3. Multi-Browser handler (Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, NetForce, Skyfire, IE)

4. Default browser with a timeout

5. Opera Mini shortcut creation on the Start Menu

6. Hardware button mapping to JZ SmartMort functions

7. Many other features, hacks and tweaks which I plan on continuing to grow.

Thanks!

JZ

Okay, here is where I stand. In order for me to get this to work on SD card I had to get Esmertec from XDA forums from this post. Not thelostsoul archive noted in above posts. I have installed the Mortscript 4.11b7 cab to my storage card, JZ SmartMort 1.3.1 to SD card, and of course Esmertec Jbed. Everything seems to work now except the following that I have noticed (but this applies to Blackjack II):

1. Trying to open any url or htm file with Opera Mini does not work for me. It loads Opera Mini fine, but sits there for awhile and then says "cannot find Opera Mini after 25 seconds".

2. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I have not found out how to access the clipboard on this phone, nor find a way to copy/paste like JZ said it was suppose to be able to.

The only other problems I am having has nothing to do with JZSmartMort or Mortscript.

*TAKEN FROM OPERAMINI.COM*

Power scrolling shortcuts Scroll at warp speed using your phone keypad. Find your way around on the Web pages quicker by using your phone’s number keys. Press 2 to go up, 4 to go left, 6 to go right and 8 to go down. Hitting 5 zooms you in and out.

Using Esmertec Jbed 2008.0222 3.1, Opera Mini 4.1 feature called "Power Scrolling" will not STOP scrolling. I push any of the numbers just once and it keeps going.

Also, when using Opera Mini 4.1 address auto complete, the only way I can make letters is by pushing the number keys on my blackjack II, but if I push any letter it does something similar to the power scrolling problem. I push a letter once, for example (K) and it puts a K infinitely in the address bar.

Have you both experienced this or anyone else for that matter?

Thanks

JZ - Do you want me to PM you on Modaco or XDA forums or just keep doing what I'm doing here?

Guest JZ SmartMort
1. Trying to open any url or htm file with Opera Mini does not work for me. It loads Opera Mini fine, but sits there for awhile and then says "cannot find Opera Mini after 25 seconds".

That's strange -- you are on a BJ II device, correct? The same kind as TheLostSoul is running? I don't think he has the same issue...

I'm also guessing you're on Opera Mini 4.1 final version. Is the color around the edges of the screen RED? My script seeks out a specific color on the top-left corner. I wonder if anybody else is having this issue...

If this continues, and other report the same, I might add an option to override the Opera Mini pixel seeking with a sleep command which will allow you to modify its duration.

2. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I have not found out how to access the clipboard on this phone, nor find a way to copy/paste like JZ said it was suppose to be able to.

TheLostSoul has informed me that there is no Voice Notes button on the BJ II device, so this makes it a pain. However, you do have a "JZ Action" Start Menu shortcut so the question from me is, can a Start Menu shortcut be mapped to any other button on your BJ II?

JZ - Do you want me to PM you on Modaco or XDA forums or just keep doing what I'm doing here?

I would rather have my XDA-Dev's thread be appended to because it's a lot easier for other users with the same device to research their issues.

Thanks for the feedback guys, please keep it coming.

JZ

Guest thelostsoul

About the first issue, here's some things that might help:

Do you have JBED java installed, or are you still using TAO? TAO will not work (but I'm assuming there's a different message for that?)

Did you install JBED to the storage card, or to the main memory? - Try the one I posted on the other thread, even though its heavily outdated, and post here if it's working.

About the buttons, mapping start menu items is only possible using AE Button Plus, unfortunately, and it doesn't seem to work with mscr files wither (though using the autorun.exe included in mortscript works to resolve that problem).

Guest JZ SmartMort
Do you have JBED java installed, or are you still using TAO? TAO will not work (but I'm assuming there's a different message for that?)

Yep, TAO support is gone, too slow and clunky (eventhough it was the default Java Midlet on my 3125)... but I doubt he's using that because Opera Mini opens.

About the buttons, mapping start menu items is only possible using AE Button Plus, unfortunately, and it doesn't seem to work with mscr files wither (though using the autorun.exe included in mortscript works to resolve that problem).

I wonder if AE Button Plus can use a shortcut that I throw on the Start Menu.

You bring up a good point about AutoRun.exe which I was experimenting with and strongly considering until I learned that I cannot change its friggin' icon :D I hacked that EXE so it did show the icon I wanted but as soon as AutoRun.exe was renamed to "JZ SmartMort Action.exe" therefore, resolved to my script, it always took the Mort icon... oh well :( I should still distribute it though for this exact purpose. What do you think?

Thanks!

JZ

Guest matteandhue

I have spent the whole day testing this left and right, formatting my phone numerous times just to start from scratch to make sure nothing else was in the way. Here are my findings, and tried both an installation of everything on main memory(device) as well as the SD card.

1. Formatted phone, app unlocked it.

2. JZSmartMort 1.3.1 installed next, installed Mortscript included in cab first, tried beta version of Mortscript later following the same procedure as I am telling you. Activated the scripts also after installation.

3. Installed Esmertec Jbed 20080222 3.1 from this post. (This version works on both device and SD card)

4. Using PocketIE, went to operamini.com and found a "recommended version for my device". This is the 4.1 final version with signed certificate so java security does not need to be hacked. I have also tried an unsigned version for testing purposes, as well as old version of Opera 3.1.2.

5. Browse to /Windows/Favorites. Tried to load a url with Opera Mini. The signed version all day and last night just sat there, and then said "ERROR: Unable to find Opera Mini after 25 seconds." Now here's where it gets strange. All other versions of Opera Mini would try to load the url by opening the address bar but instead of typing the address or loading it. It types this "$#V/" and tries to load that. *UPDATE* Now for some reason, Opera Mini 4.1 final signed doesn't give the ERROR anymore, but types $#V/ instead in the address bar.

All versions have been tried on my Blackjack II. All installations have been tried both on device or SD card. Everything else seems to work well aside from some other problems not relating to your scripts.

Guest matteandhue

*UPDATE*

If Opera Mini 4.1 loads with default window size, it produces the $#V/ error. If Opera Mini 4.1 loads with the window size on fullscreen, it gives the "ERROR: Unable to find Opera Mini after 25 seconds."

Guest JZ SmartMort
I have spent the whole day testing this left and right, formatting my phone numerous times just to start from scratch to make sure nothing else was in the way. Here are my findings, and tried both an installation of everything on main memory(device) as well as the SD card.

Hope it was worth it :D I got a beta you could have tried instead... feel free to ask me for a new version privately and I can share my latest to see if your problems go away.

2. JZSmartMort 1.3.1 installed next, installed Mortscript included in cab first, tried beta version of Mortscript later following the same procedure as I am telling you. Activated the scripts also after installation.

Maybe I should start including Mort's beta instead. Mort should rarely be a problem since I use all supported commands (not depricated ones).

3. Installed Esmertec Jbed 20080222 3.1 from this post. (This version works on both device and SD card)

Cloudyfa's is also a good and tried version, but I use this one on some test emulators also.

5. Browse to /Windows/Favorites. Tried to load a url with Opera Mini. The signed version all day and last night just sat there, and then said "ERROR: Unable to find Opera Mini after 25 seconds." Now here's where it gets strange. All other versions of Opera Mini would try to load the url by opening the address bar but instead of typing the address or loading it. It types this "$#V/" and tries to load that. *UPDATE* Now for some reason, Opera Mini 4.1 final signed doesn't give the ERROR anymore, but types $#V/ instead in the address bar.
  1. I think that TheLostSoul has identified the problem. It should now be fixed, let me know if you want a beta.
  2. The reason for $# is because I was trying to press Ctrl-Home, then Ctrl-Shift-End to select all below, then paste the URL.
  3. I completely cut out that code after he identified the issue. Available in 1.3.2 beta.
All versions have been tried on my Blackjack II. All installations have been tried both on device or SD card. Everything else seems to work well aside from some other problems not relating to your scripts.

Great, I guess it was worth it :(

Let me know if you want to test out the new 1.3.2 beta and I'll send it over.

Thanks!

JZ

Guest JZ SmartMort
*UPDATE*

If Opera Mini 4.1 loads with default window size, it produces the $#V/ error. If Opera Mini 4.1 loads with the window size on fullscreen, it gives the "ERROR: Unable to find Opera Mini after 25 seconds."

Yeah, I'm sure. Full screen does that, since I search for top-left (two) pixels to be RED. This is giving me more reason for an override pixel seeking with a flat pause... It's hard to seek any other pixels because screensizes and font-sizes throw things off.

Before I do an override, I will check into some other pixels I can grab. Can you verify for me that you're using the Opera Mini full-screen mode (by pressing ** )???

Thanks!

JZ

Guest matteandhue
Yeah, I'm sure. Full screen does that, since I search for top-left (two) pixels to be RED. This is giving me more reason for an override pixel seeking with a flat pause... It's hard to seek any other pixels because screensizes and font-sizes throw things off.

Before I do an override, I will check into some other pixels I can grab. Can you verify for me that you're using the Opera Mini full-screen mode (by pressing ** )???

Thanks!

JZ

That's exactly what I was verifying. Double * for fullscreen, repeat to turn off. When it loads automatically in fullscreen is when it gives that error. I am verifying the **.

Guest Michael H
the only problem I have with jbed is that the back button doesn't work on opera. at least it doesn't for me.

Search for the Cloudyfa version of Esmertec. It fixes the scrolling problem where pressing 2 or 8 would scroll up or down the entire document instead of a full screen.

When you say "back button" do you mean the Blackjack back button? On mine it doesn't do anything ... but the right soft key acts as the back button. Am I missing something?

Guest Michael H
I have the newest trusted opera mini 4.1 but still haven't been able to save a page or download anything from it. Do our phone's support JSR75 because under the about settings in jblend it says that it is one of the java configurations. Anyone having problems with this? Is there something else I need, hack maybe?

For the permissions issue, Lost Soul's thread here worked for me. I can access the file system with Opera Mini using JBlend. It also fixed the network connection prompts in unsigned Java apps, like Mobilcast.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bignasty
Search for the Cloudyfa version of Esmertec. It fixes the scrolling problem where pressing 2 or 8 would scroll up or down the entire document instead of a full screen.

When you say "back button" do you mean the Blackjack back button? On mine it doesn't do anything ... but the right soft key acts as the back button. Am I missing something?

yeah the blackjack II back button. i'm accustomed to using that so i'd wish that the esmertec version would work better with that.

could you link me to the cloudyfa version?

• 6 months later...
Guest vittogn
*TAKEN FROM OPERAMINI.COM*

Power scrolling shortcuts Scroll at warp speed using your phone keypad. Find your way around on the Web pages quicker by using your phone’s number keys. Press 2 to go up, 4 to go left, 6 to go right and 8 to go down. Hitting 5 zooms you in and out.

Using Esmertec Jbed 2008.0222 3.1, Opera Mini 4.1 feature called "Power Scrolling" will not STOP scrolling. I push any of the numbers just once and it keeps going.

Also, when using Opera Mini 4.1 address auto complete, the only way I can make letters is by pushing the number keys on my blackjack II, but if I push any letter it does something similar to the power scrolling problem. I push a letter once, for example (K) and it puts a K infinitely in the address bar.

Did u solve this problem? I have exactly the same issue with my Samsung SGH-i780 and Opera Mini (both 4.1 and 4.2).

It seems that this problem is not that popular and quite "Samsung related".

Help me please!!!

EDIT: I found that with Cloudyfa version 20070802.2.1 it fix the problem.

Thanks to Michael H...... :rolleyes:

Edited by vittogn