reverse internet, pc shared access to BJII

Guest techboydino

Guest techboydino

does anyone know how to share internet through PC to their phone? either through bluetooth or cable. im one of those poor slobs who does not have a data plan and some of the things i want to do requires internet through the phone. until the micro wifi card comes out, i have to use the old copy over method. im not putting all my money on the micro card anyway, i cant imagine the range will be worth anything. thanks.

Edited by techboydino

Guest dtphantom
does anyone know how to share internet through PC to their phone? either through bluetooth or cable. im one of those poor slobs who does not have a data plan and some of the things i want to do requires internet through the phone. until the micro wifi card comes out, i have to use the old copy over method. im not putting all my money on the micro card anyway, i cant imagine the range will be worth anything. thanks.

I read this on a different forum I haven't tried it 'cause I have the unlimited data but it seems that it should work.

It's easy... You choose a network in the activesync setup. It says "what network does this computer connect to?" Choose work. Hit Ok.

On your phone:

Go to Start --> Internet Explorer

let that load up.

Then go to "Menu" (Right soft key) ---> Tools --> Options.

Open it.

Choose "Connections"

In connections where it says "Select Network" Choose "WORK".

Click "Done" (Left Soft Key)

now, when you connect the Phone to your PC, you can surf the web without using your Data Plan. You can setup the E-mail Options to do the same. I sync my E-mail this way cause I don't pay for Data. It's great cause I can just Sync My Mail and go. Then read it on the way, and reply, and it won't send the replies till I plug it back in. Which is cool with me.

Anyway... I hope that's somewhere on here.. cause.. well.. that was easy to figure out. no Avant Go Needed. As longs as WAP isn't chosen I don't get billed. and the other nice thing is that if something tries to connect to IE, it doesn't work if its no connected to the PC.. so no accidental charges there... MUAAHAHHAHAA

Guest jbone
I read this on a different forum I haven't tried it 'cause I have the unlimited data but it seems that it should work.

Works. Verified by IE usage on my BJII and network activity seen on my PC by using a network traffic tool. Also, I used the nodata.cab file to shut of my data plan services a long time ago.

Thanks dtphantom!

Edited by jbone

Guest techboydino

thanks alot. i had to put my activesync on "automatic" for it to work. does anyone have the link to nodata.cab?

edit: got it. just lazy i guess.

Edited by techboydino

• 3 months later...