Beginner

Guest colinc1

Guest colinc1

Hi all

I am a newbie when it comes to smart phones, i have a Palm Treo 500v that is of limited use to me, so have

bought from a US ebay seller, a new Samsung Blackjack II (i 617).

It should arrive in Oz any day now.

I know theres lots of hints and tips for this device(and i am getting lost on where to start), but i was hoping that someone could help me out by telling me how to go about setting it up right from the time i take it out of the box, a step by step set of

instructions.

I am not a newbie to computers, so should be able to follow instructions without too many headaches.

All help appreciated

Cheers

Colin

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site :D

As for setting the device up, it's basically ready to go out of the box. all you need to do is install Activesync or Device Center and Outlook on your PC to enable you the sync your contacts and email etc with your device.

As for anything else it's down to what preferences you have in games/applications you would like to use.

There is always the usual change ringtones and homescreens etc but fortunately it's all fairly straight forward.

Ther is a section on the site specifically designed for your phone which will be worth looking in to. It can be found by clicking HERE

And finally...

Have fun with your new phone.

Guest colinc1

Thanks for the info, i just got the phone 10 mins ago, its now on the charger.

Will post my future questions in the relevent forums

Cheers