Copy from computer to mobile is sooo slow

Guest falfa

Guest falfa

Hey,

I don't do it terribly often but I decided to copy a file from the desktop of my computer on the storage card on the phone. 45mb podcast, 18 minutes it quoted to do complete copy.

Surely this cannot be right. Is there anyway to speed this up?

Falfa

Edited by falfa

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Hi ... yes it is terribly slow. Personally I remove the card from the handset, and put it into an adapter. Then I connect the adapter to the computer. This way means it copies across much faster.

Also if you are using USB, make sure it is USB2, since USB1.1 is dog slow!

Guest funem

If you are going through active sync it's dog slow. Try Softick Card Export. It turns your phoe into a USB key type device and file copy much much faster as they dont go through Active sync.

http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/

I use this all the time now. Also you only need the software on the phone not the PC, which means you can copy files wherever you are from any PC as long as you have a usb cable with you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aries6776
If you are going through active sync it's dog slow. Try Softick Card Export. It turns your phoe into a USB key type device and file copy much much faster as they dont go through Active sync.

http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/

I use this all the time now. Also you only need the software on the phone not the PC, which means you can copy files wherever you are from any PC as long as you have a usb cable with you.

I just downloaded this and gave it a go. Wasn't too impressed frankly. I did a 'quick' test and found that a 118mb file took 2min 49secs using Card Export, an improvement on the 4min 49secs for Active Sync but wayyyy off the 12secs when using an SDHC adapter!