Kaiser being replaced - how to back up best?

Guest Aero

Guest Aero

Hi!

As per other thread, knackered Kaiser is being replaced tomorrow by Orange.

What's the best way to do a comprehensive backup?

- Jeyo Companion for SMS

- Outlook for Contacts, Favourites, Calender, Notes, etc.

- File copy on everything that I can copy out of the internal memory

- Written note of what apps installed.

Anything else or any other progs I should have run??

Guest Aero

Just downloaded a trial of Sprite Backup and ran it - seems very impressive!

Will this have caught everything? Even MMS messages and programs that I have installed?

If it works as nicely as it looks I'll definitely be buying it :D

Guest Aero

OK - have just restored everything using Sprite Backup, looks to have worked OK but a few things missing.

Had to put in WLAN key again (not the end of the world)

CoPilot doesn't seem to work any more so will uninstall and reinstall. Hope I don't lose routes / waypoints / etc. though...

Most annoying the "messages" section on the homescreen displays my my email account as having messages, but when I go to messages it shows only SMS/MMS and create new account. If I try to create a new one in the same name it tells me it already exists but I can't delete it.

How can I fix this? I have a nasty feeling that the restore has upset some of the system files :D

Edited by Aero

Guest andrewkeith5
Most annoying the "messages" section on the homescreen displays my my email account as having messages, but when I go to messages it shows only SMS/MMS and create new account. If I try to create a new one in the same name it tells me it already exists but I can't delete it.

How can I fix this? I have a nasty feeling that the restore has upset some of the system files :D

I've got that problem too from updating between the old and new TLR roms using sprite backup. I've no idea how to fix it at the moment, but am looking into it.

You should have a copy of sprite backup on the CD that came with your kaiser, as HTC very kindly included it with the TyTN II - that should save you from having to pay the licence fee.