WM6 Upgrade for Dash, and SIM unlock status: Some Confusion

Guest eccramer

Guest eccramer

Please excuse my newbness, but I am in need of the wise minds of MoDaCo. I did some searching, and found some answers, but I wanted to check before I actually bite the bullet and upgrade, in the event that I'm misinformed and screw up my phone. I have an unlocked Tmobile Dash that I use on AT&T. I quite like it, but have been experiencing some stability issues and would like to upgrade to WinMob 6. I have the official installer from the wmupgrade page on Tmobile, but I'm curious whether or not upgrading will SIM lock my phone to tmobile again. While I did search (and found the afore-linked thread) it gave some conflicting information. I understand the difference between SIM and CID unlocking, but It's still not clear to me that my phone will still be SIM unlocked after I upgrade with the official TMobile install application. Two people in the thread I found say yes, and two say no. So, can anyone shed some light on the issue? Thank you in advance.

Please excuse my newbness, but I am in need of the wise minds of MoDaCo. I did some searching, and found some answers, but I wanted to check before I actually bite the bullet and upgrade, in the event that I'm misinformed and screw up my phone. I have an unlocked Tmobile Dash that I use on AT&T. I quite like it, but have been experiencing some stability issues and would like to upgrade to WinMob 6. I have the official installer from the wmupgrade page on Tmobile, but I'm curious whether or not upgrading will SIM lock my phone to tmobile again. While I did search (and found the afore-linked thread) it gave some conflicting information. I understand the difference between SIM and CID unlocking, but It's still not clear to me that my phone will still be SIM unlocked after I upgrade with the official TMobile install application. Two people in the thread I found say yes, and two say no. So, can anyone shed some light on the issue? Thank you in advance.

No your phone will not be sim-locked after you flash if its sim-unlocked before you flash.

Go for it :D

Guest whos-rog

Go for it i went from 5-6.1 last night, works perfect again i have a sim unlocked device and it did not effect it or revert it back.

I used the xda-devlopers website. Found it very helpful and contains the roms and instructions.

(this is a good site too)