Active Sync via Blue Tooth

Guest MrPeNgUiN76

Guest MrPeNgUiN76

I've been trying unsuccesfully for over a week now to use active sync over BT but am unable to do so. I've tried using x2 different BT adatpers, the MS and other software but to no avail. After searching many different forums for advice I've tried lots of different methods but none have been able to help.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by MrPeNgUiN76

Guest l3v5y
I've been trying unsuccesfully for over a week now to use active sync over BT but am unable to do so. I've tried using x2 different BT adatpers, the MS and other software but to no avail. After searching many different forums for advice I've tried lots of different methods but none have been able to help.

Can anyone help me?

I made a wiki article about this on xda-devs as I was having trouble doing it, but then worked out what to do!

See it here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=AS_BT

Guest MrPeNgUiN76

Thanks for the reply l3v5y, I followed the tutorial but when I got to section three, I was not able to complete the last step:

"When the partnership has been created, the device will show a screen with "Advanced" on the right soft key. Select that and then select the "ActiveSync" option"

The active sync option was not present on the devive. I then searched for BT devices on the PC and the services available under the device itself and all that was listed was a DUN service.

Any thoughts?

Guest l3v5y
Thanks for the reply l3v5y, I followed the tutorial but when I got to section three, I was not able to complete the last step:

"When the partnership has been created, the device will show a screen with "Advanced" on the right soft key. Select that and then select the "ActiveSync" option"

The active sync option was not present on the devive. I then searched for BT devices on the PC and the services available under the device itself and all that was listed was a DUN service.

Any thoughts?

Remove the bluetooth partnership settings on both the PC and the PPC (for that connection only), restart the PPC and try again.

Guest MrPeNgUiN76

Many thanks for your help - it worked and I am now able to sync via BT

Cheers.

Edited by MrPeNgUiN76