Official HTC 6.1 ROM and TomTom

Guest zimboox

Guest zimboox

TomTom6 works just fine with the keyboard closed in either portrait or landscape mode. However, the second you open the phone, it dies. Anyone else having this problem, or just me?

Guest zimboox
Nope, I tried it last night knowing someone else has that problem. Performed perfectly. Must be a variant thing...

Mine's the Orange version - I've tried it with the TLR ROM as well, but the same thing happens. I suppose it would as they are both virtually the same ROM. No answer yet from TomTom - no surprise there.

Any idease how to get around it?

Guest pete_thomson
Mine's the Orange version - I've tried it with the TLR ROM as well, but the same thing happens. I suppose it would as they are both virtually the same ROM. No answer yet from TomTom - no surprise there.

Any idease how to get around it?

I have one of the first versions of TomTom v6 running on the latest TLR rom, and I had it running under the previous TLR rom (both WM v6.1) and neither suffered that problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zimboox

Just to throw a spanner in the works...

Instead of opening the keyboard, I used the screen rotate button on the HTC launcher, and TomTom works fine.

However, using this icon turns the screen upside down in relation to the keyboard - is this the same for everyone? It means I can't use my holder, which is a bit of a pain...

Any ideas on a regedit for the screen rotate button? Then I could test if it's opening the keyboard that creates the problem.

Thanks for all your ideas!