Please, help to russian bear!

Guest Lelouch Lamerouge

Guest Lelouch Lamerouge

Very soon am planing to visit GB and want to buy shine Iphone from O2. In russia we never have such thing like contract or "upgrade", so i doesnt know how it works.Can you please explain to me, what do i need to buy branded phone?Thanks a lot.

---------------------

GranTurismo 5 -- rulez!

Guest awarner (MVP)

The iphone is using Apple software, this site is designed for Window Mobile devices.

If you are looking for an iphone, it would be easier to get one from ebay rather than an O2 store.

Guest Lelouch Lamerouge
The iphone is using Apple software, this site is designed for Window Mobile devices.

If you are looking for an iphone, it would be easier to get one from ebay rather than an O2 store.

i got it, but i will visiting GB only for two days-- no way i can get something from ebay, so please anyone explain me, how can i get my "cheap" phone from operator.

Edited by Lelouch Lamerouge

Guest awarner (MVP)

I do not think you will be able to buy the phone from an O2 shop in the UK. The price is advertised at £329 but the tarriffs the start at £35 for 18 months which is another £630 so if you then bought yourself out of the contract the iphone would actually cost you £959 which is not so cheap as you think.

Remenber

To use the phone you need to activate it, when you do you then have to sign up for an 18 month tarriff which you would not be able to do as you are not living in the UK.

So ebay is really the only option you have.

Guest Monolithix

Or you could just pick an iPhone up from an Apple shop and jailbreak it. It means you'll have to keep an eye on it when Apple update but other than that it seems to work fine. You wouldn't need a contract then...