GPS Problem.

Guest mystupid

Guest mystupid

Hi,

I'm having funny GPS problem.

After install ROM 1.82.707.0, the GPS no longer works, both MapKing and Garmin XT can't find any GPS device.

I use registry editor change the GPS Intermediate Driver\DriversCurrentDriver to GPSOnePort, then both MapKing and Garmin XT can find the GPS device, but it can't find any satellite signal.

Anyone can help out?

Guest andrewkeith5

I'm having a similar problem, in that the phone hangs when certain programs try to activate and access the GPS. When on the original settings, does the GPS activity light flash (the right hand LED flashing orange slowly) regardless of whether the program is working?

Guest ferryrich

I had this to start with - just power-cycle your device and try it again.

If it doesn't work, repeat.

I'm using Co-Pilot and had to power-cycle after installation to get it to find the internal GPS.

As soon as I tried after the restart, it found it immediately and all is well.

Guest andrewkeith5

really? with certain programs (so far I have found smart2go and memory map do this), they activate the gps and promptly the device just completely hangs up, requiring a soft reset, repetitively.

I have found the easiest way to solve the problem is to use a prgram that works every time (i use google maps or the free download of cameraware) just to activate and start the gps, then open up the problem program and everything works perfectly from there (you can close hte other prgram if you despperately want to, but I have found it dowsn't really make any difference)

Guest pjam001

I've just encountered the same locking up with Memory Map after updating to the L26 V5 6.1 rom over at xda.

Thanks for the work around. Very annoying though.

(Wonders if he should have stayed with the T-Mobile 6.0 ROM)

pjam

Guest pjam001

Whoo Hooo! Disabling Assisted GPS solves the GPS lockups. At least for me.

Found the info within the many posts of the ROM i had flashed. Someone had a similar prob with a different app.

Happy Man. :D