Supertooth Voice

Guest crazyc

Guest crazyc

Haven't posted for a while, so thought I would add a small success story.

Have just got a car to drive to work, and so purchased a Supertooth Voice from Amazon for around £40. This is one of those little handsfree speaker phone things that clips to the sun visor, and connects via bluetooth. (Its actually marginally bigger than my phone)

As I am running the original XDA stellar ROM, it kind of worked well. It could nto download my address book, but I could save individual contacts over. It paired OK and tried to read the contacts names when they called.

Thats fine but I wanted the voice dialling as well. In the end installed a version of Microsoft Voice Command, and now hey presto, I push the green button on the device, and say CALL BOB SMITH for example, and it looks in my contacts, asks me to confirm which number (eg mobile/home/work) and then dials! (I dont even need to have recorded a voice tag - it reads the contacts name)

When a call comes in, I just say ACCEPT CALL" and it answers it.

Fantastic - never paid much attention to bluetooth or voice dialling before this - but when you use a car for commuting it is so useful!

Just thought I would share my experience

Guest dave_a

Thanks for this. I currently use a Parrot Minikit which used to work well with my Trinity but can't get it to work properly with the Kaiser. It is fine answering calls but rarely works when I try to make calls so might try this one.

Guest crazyc
Thanks for this. I currently use a Parrot Minikit which used to work well with my Trinity but can't get it to work properly with the Kaiser. It is fine answering calls but rarely works when I try to make calls so might try this one.

There are a number that look similar - I got the one from usemymemory I think it was.

As I said, am not entirely sure what I did to make it work, but hey, did not take that much messing around - quite intuitive. Can be charged rom the Kaiser charger as well.

The magnetic attachment to the visor clip is such a good idea.

Guest Starscreamer

Bluetooth in the car is amazing. I have a Pioneer bluetooth compatible car stereo. When I sit in the car it automatically connects to the car stereo and any calls I get come through my car speakers and my car radio changes to phone mode from CD, iPod or Tuner. The stereo itself has start and end call buttons so you dont even have to take your phone out of your pocket. When I get out of the car the bluetooth disconnects and goes through the phone again. It's a really brilliant set up.

I would really recommend getting a bluetooth car radio if possible as your phone is fully integrated into your car.

Guest crazyc
Bluetooth in the car is amazing. I have a Pioneer bluetooth compatible car stereo. When I sit in the car it automatically connects to the car stereo and any calls I get come through my car speakers and my car radio changes to phone mode from CD, iPod or Tuner. The stereo itself has start and end call buttons so you dont even have to take your phone out of your pocket. When I get out of the car the bluetooth disconnects and goes through the phone again. It's a really brilliant set up.

I would really recommend getting a bluetooth car radio if possible as your phone is fully integrated into your car.

It does have advantages to have it built in - my brothers is part of the car and has all the advantages you mention. In my circumstances my car is not new and has a factory fitted radio, as does the wifes car (which is actually the family car). The advantage of this one is that when needed, I can simply put it in the wife's car and I'm off. I do have to adjust the stereo up and down when I make calls though. The visor thing works well for those of us that need a cheaper portable option - I have two daughters and wife to support! (What is it they say - Fathers have photos where the money used to be.....)

I don't leave my bluetooth on all the time (battery saving) and so use phone alarm to simply change profiles to the car mode, with bluetooth on and changed volumes etc. one button press changes back to normal and deactivates it.