Dr. Gonzos Rom

Guest CJ Rowlands

Guest CJ Rowlands

Well, i flashed the rom to my vox about a week ago, and the difference between 6.0 & 6.1 is amazing

theres so many little things that make my vox even mroe usefull

but i have these following problems:

Windows Media Player - Doesn't play beyond one song. It can manage one song ok, but then it crashes and i have to restart my device

HTC Audio Manager - Isnt finding my music. Using the old rom, the A/M searched for music whenever i opened it, now it just doesnt search for music at all.

Activesync - Does not want to connect in any way shape or form. This is problematic because im just starting to fully use the full range of programs for helping my life stay in order

Battery Monitor - This never seems to show the right status. Sometimes it shows the charging logo when its not chargins, and doesnt when it is. This is very problematic because im overclocking all the time (other wise its too slow) which eats up battery.

The music programs are vital to me as i used to use my vox mainly for music, but i have found other software to fill that gap (although it is a trial and it will run out soon, any idea for alternatives?)

Also, is there any alternative to using Activesync that will sync with Outlook and OneNote?

(and not device center, as i dont have vista)

thanks in advance

cris

Guest realaxed
Well, i flashed the rom to my vox about a week ago, and the difference between 6.0 & 6.1 is amazing

Windows Media Player - Doesn't play beyond one song. It can manage one song ok, but then it crashes and i have to restart my device

HTC Audio Manager - Isnt finding my music. Using the old rom, the A/M searched for music whenever i opened it, now it just doesnt search for music at all.

Activesync - Does not want to connect in any way shape or form. This is problematic because im just starting to fully use the full range of programs for helping my life stay in order

Battery Monitor - This never seems to show the right status. Sometimes it shows the charging logo when its not chargins, and doesnt when it is. This is very problematic because im overclocking all the time (other wise its too slow) which eats up battery.

The music programs are vital to me as i used to use my vox mainly for music, but i have found other software to fill that gap (although it is a trial and it will run out soon, any idea for alternatives?)

Also, is there any alternative to using Activesync that will sync with Outlook and OneNote?

thanks in advance

cris

I JUST flashed my vox to gonzo's 6.1 rom about two days ago and you're right. It does make an amazing difference. It's breathed new life into my vox. I probably won't need a new phone for at least a year+ now as the vox can do everything except 3G.

Anyway I have none of the problems you speek of. (I also use my vox a an mp3 player with bluetooth headphones) Maybe you messed up a step during the flashing. Maybe you should try reflashing it again?

Just a suggestion. I'm not really knowledgable on the whole cooked rom scene (thought i bricked my phone several times with gonzo's 6.1). However, I wanted to let you know I have none of the errors you speak of.

Good luck.

Guest SBloP

Find the newest original rom, and flash that. - Then your phones radio driver etc is updated. Then flash 6.1 again. That sometimes make a diffrence.

Greetings.

thanks in advance

cris

Guest CJ Rowlands

well, in responce to Gunde, i was using PocketPlayer, which is a nice music player, but i prefer the simplicity of the microsoft and htc music players.

my pc has decided to actually let my vox connect to it, so i have now re-flashed it after downloading the rom for a second time and everything seems to work so far :D

Guest CJ Rowlands

Ok, now thats all sorted i was wondering:

how can i change the homescreen to let me access OneNote instead of the pictures app, i dont actually know anything about xml files

or anything like that, so yeh, anyone got any simple tutorials about changing the homescreen settings?

please let me know

cris