Disable keys when in standby

Guest johnyysmith

Guest johnyysmith

Not sure if standby is the correct term, but when I power on with the power button from having the screen turned off, I often have a number of applications running including voice dial. It seems the various buttons and mic are active even if the screen is off, and then any button that is inadvertantly pressed is acted on when the power is back. Is this a possibility, and is there a way to turn that off, or is it more likely I am inadvertantly pressing more than one button when I turn it on?

Guest l3v5y
Not sure if standby is the correct term, but when I power on with the power button from having the screen turned off, I often have a number of applications running including voice dial. It seems the various buttons and mic are active even if the screen is off, and then any button that is inadvertantly pressed is acted on when the power is back. Is this a possibility, and is there a way to turn that off, or is it more likely I am inadvertantly pressing more than one button when I turn it on?

In Start->Settings->Personal Tab->Buttons and then go to the "Lock" tab. Select the top option to "lock all buttons except power"

Guest johnyysmith

Dont have that option. I'm using the TLR build. But thanks for the answer. Guess the rascal is hidden elsewhere

Guest l3v5y
Dont have that option. I'm using the TLR build. But thanks for the answer. Guess the rascal is hidden elsewhere
I'll check what it does in the registry, and see if it's possible to achieve the same without the exe...

Guest johnyysmith

Found it I think. Its under system>Key Lock with 3 options:

1. Lock all buttons except power button

2. Lock buttons if device is locked

3. Do not lock buttons

Dont understand the difference between 1 & 2. But 1 was selected originally. I tried the others and then went back to 1. Seems to be working now so I suppose it has to be set after a hard reset before it works - perhaps. Thanks anyway