Video: Gigabyte GSmart t600 DAB Player

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

[teaser]

It's fair to say the t600 is no MDA Vario IV but for those of you wanting something a little different, with a good quality DAB player, then the t600 could be for you. When I first received the device, the DAB player was missing but Gigabyte hooked me up and I was so impressed with its quality, I decided to knock up a little video.

As I noted before in my mega-Giagabyte-unboxing video, the TV tuner leaves a lot to be desired and has some reception issues that will hopefully be rectified but the DAB tuner is excellent and thanks to Gigabyte including a handy 3.5mm adapter, I was able to hook the t600 up to my amplifier to fully appriciate just how good the reception quality was.

Since recording the video a couple of days ago, I've been able to find alot more stations (which really surprised me!) and test how the battery life holds up. In flight mode, the device looses approx. 20% battery per hour when using the DAB player - which isn't too bad but isn't great either.

You can catch some high res pics of the player in action after the jump... [/teaser]

dab.gif

Guest awarner (MVP)

Nice sounds,

The lobster was not the best for reception depending on the are you were in, I only hope that after a year of sitting on the shelf the device will not be nuked like my lobster was :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Hi Clive,

I got it directly from Gigabyte (moments before I recorded the video! :D ) - it's not included in the current ROMs. You can try contacting them for it. I'll also ask them if it's ok to post up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.