Help!!! "Incoming E-mail password"....

Guest D8LOM

Guest Mr Alom

Can someone please tell me why I'm getting the screen "incoming e-mail password" coming on every few minutes with my username and password? It doesn't go until I click "cancle" (if I click on "OK" it keeps coming back even though I'm 100% sure I've type my correct password. :D Please, please, please help!

Edited: "I'm so disappointed with HTC's new ROM (WM 6.1) that paul attached", I've lost eveything (inc. stuff from memory card) and having so many problems and above is only one of them. (I regret upgrading ROM last night :( )

Edited by Mr Alom

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

I have the same problem. I'm sure it's because of the internet connection though. It only happens when my phone is in my pocket or otherwise obstructed.

I've never lost info off of the memory card when flashing though. And since I have all my contacts backed up on my laptop, I get all that stuff back when I active sync.

The newest updated ROM from HTC, In my opinion, is total crap. It's slow, pauses constantly for no reason. Even when I use the "fixes". The registry settings for the touch panel keep going back to default. You get the point, it's not an update possibly a downdate.

The only thing I like about the newer ROM's was the radio. It was nice and loud and clear. . . too bad it wont work with the 3.03.405.0 WWE ROM. Unless there is a way to hack it that I have not found.

Guest Mr Alom
Can someone please tell me why I'm getting the screen "incoming e-mail password" coming on every few minutes with my username and password? It doesn't go until I click "cancle" (if I click on "OK" it keeps coming back even though I'm 100% sure I've type my correct password. :( Please, please, please help!

Edited: "I'm so disappointed with HTC's new ROM (WM 6.1) that paul attached", I've lost eveything (inc. stuff from memory card) and having so many problems and above is only one of them. (I regret upgrading ROM last night :o )

Can someone explain why this happens? I know ScrewlooseAZ said it only comes up when the device is in the pocket but on mine it comes up all the time. :D

post-355087-1212816627_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Alom

Guest Confucious

It is because your email username and/or password is wrong. Can you send emails? are you using pop3 or exchange? Check your mail set up.

As for flashing, when you flash your device you will ALWAYS lose everything on the device itself, that's what flashing does, it wipes the device completely and you should have been warned about that. You should not have lost anything on your memory card though. Never heard of that. Best practice is to remove the memory card before flashing but I never normally do and have flashed many devices and only once had a problem with the card in (flashing a beta ROM while drunk didn't help) but removing the card sorted that and I didn't lose anything off the card.

Guest infuruno

Is that a Yahoo account? if so u need to manual set it up dunno why but the build in settings for yahoo on my mda vario were wrong or old.

used

Incoming - imap.mail.yahoo.com

Setting - IMAP4

then come username and password page (i think)

Outgoing - smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com with all boxes ticked below this

Im just getting this from my head so cant be precise on what exactly it say but this is what a generally says

Guest Mr Alom
It is because your email username and/or password is wrong. Can you send emails? are you using pop3 or exchange? Check your mail set up.

As for flashing, when you flash your device you will ALWAYS lose everything on the device itself, that's what flashing does, it wipes the device completely and you should have been warned about that. You should not have lost anything on your memory card though. Never heard of that. Best practice is to remove the memory card before flashing but I never normally do and have flashed many devices and only once had a problem with the card in (flashing a beta ROM while drunk didn't help) but removing the card sorted that and I didn't lose anything off the card.

Since I've upgraded my ROM to 6.1 and setup all 5 of my e-mail accounts, I've never had any problems with sending/recieving e-mails (inc from exchange, hotmail, tiscali, yahoo second account) :o , it's just this screen comes up every few minutes form only my main Yahoo account :lol: . I'm 100% sure I've got my username and password correct because I've been using this account for years and I wouldn't have received any e-mails if I got it wrong, right? :D

As for flashing, it wasn't my first time and I very well knew that I'll loose all my data from my device which is why I proformed a backup using Sprite. I meant to say I lost everything-(all my backup files) including all the stuff from my memory card. The reason why my memory card was wiped-out is because I tried to restore all my data after the flash and it asked me for a PIN, which I inputted but it wouldn't excepting it so (silly me) kept on trying, trying and trying until my device proformed a hardrest, itself and wiped everything from my memory card :( .

Thanks for your reply anyway, I'm going to try following Infuruno's instruction.

Guest Mr Alom
Is that a Yahoo account? if so u need to manual set it up dunno why but the build in settings for yahoo on my mda vario were wrong or old.

used

Incoming - imap.mail.yahoo.com

Setting - IMAP4

then come username and password page (i think)

Outgoing - smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com with all boxes ticked below this

Im just getting this from my head so cant be precise on what exactly it say but this is what a generally says

Yes, it is the Yahoo account but it doesn't give me the option to setup manually :D . Please help!!

Guest Mr Alom
Yes, it is the Yahoo account but it doesn't give me the option to setup manually :D . Please help!!

I've managed to go into the settings via "option" menu, clicking on the Yahoo account and then clicking on "edit account setup" but the instructions you gave me on post 7 is already setup and identical. :(

Guest infuruno
I've managed to go into the settings via "option" menu, clicking on the Yahoo account and then clicking on "edit account setup" but the instructions you gave me on post 7 is already setup and identical. :D

Then i have no idea why it wont work maybe look around you yahoo account incase it by default blocks imap or pop3 access.

Guest ferryrich

I only get this when the account is locked - because I've accessed it on PC, either very recently or at the same time.

Different servers will have different lock timings, so some may leave it locked for about 5-10 minutes before actually freeing it up for other access.

Guest Mr Alom

I deleted the yahoo account that kept coming up with the above message and then re-setup the account, now it's been 7 days and the message hasn't pop-up once. :D

Guest nyhunter77

I actually started a thread because I wanted an answer to this too. So far I haven't gotten any replys except my own :D

I actually don't get that login screen any longer either which is great, it was suggested it was a yahoo problem though but i strongly think it's att. On manual or auto set up it doesn't fix the problem.

As of this morning, I can't connect to yahoo mail. It's been like this for 2 weeks now. Off and on, most of the time I cannot send and recieve myself but if i leave the phone alone it will connect every 15 min and grab mail (i set it up that way).

Maybe since there are 2 or 3 of us with the problem now and maybe more, someone can suggest how to look into it or help us look into it.

It's annoying because i like to read my emails when i wake up and when the phone says no email, i don't like seeing 10 messages unread when i sit down and get ready to work.

Anyways, I am sending below the new "error" message I get, and yes the login problem seems to have stopped but now it's this.

I can check my gmail and other accounts just fine.

additional note: Just wanted to note as of this morning, my phone hasn't even been able to connect to yahoo mail on it's 15 min cycle.

Any ideas?

Another edit: Just because i'm addicted to my crackjack2 I tried the manual setup when i read this post, now i tried auto, and it works again. It's so annoying though. This is probably the 2nd or 3rd time in 2 weeks.

post-374223-1213799893_thumb.jpg

Edited by nyhunter77

Guest Mr Alom

Check the "Outgoing server requires authentication" in your e-mail setting within "edit account setup" because auto setup does not check this box for your imap/pop accounts.