Critically low on storage space

Guest elDeeJay

Guest elDeeJay

My phone keeps telling me it’s critically low on storage space, but I cant find what is taking up the bulk of the space. The ‘find files over 50k tool’ is of little use IMO – is there any software that can be used to find up what’s taking all the space and where space can be freed? I have about 3BG spare on my memory card, I just want to know what to shift off.Thinks like personal ringtones for contacts have to stay on the device as WM6 doesn’t seem to like using them otherwise. I have no pictures or other audio installed on the phone itself so don’t really know where I can rescue some much needed space?

Guest Swampie

Also, whilst my Vario III by default stores photos on the memory card, it seems to store videos on the phone memory. Worth checking you've not got any videos in your My Documents folder somewhere.

Guest elDeeJay

Thanks guys...

I installed some apps on the phone before i bought the memory card, but since then everything has gone on the storage card.

Ive gone through the phone with what I thought was a fine tooth combe to make sure there weren't any ringtones, pictures, videos etc. hanging about and i just cannot see what is occupying the space.

Where are the IE temp files stored?

Guest blewer
Thanks guys...

I installed some apps on the phone before i bought the memory card, but since then everything has gone on the storage card.

Ive gone through the phone with what I thought was a fine tooth combe to make sure there weren't any ringtones, pictures, videos etc. hanging about and i just cannot see what is occupying the space.

Where are the IE temp files stored?

Go into ie and select options - then empty files and clear history.

Also have a look in your messages and delete your sent, outbox & deleted folders

Adam