Looking for: Personal Ringtone with Photo

Guest Iceline

Guest Iceline

Hello, I just got a HTC TyTN II and I kinda miss the Caller ID application from my HTC Hurricane. On that phone it was installed by the provider and I've failed to find a similar program that works as nice.

I've found the photo contacts that microsoft offers via the windows mobile site, but I don't like the way it looks. I've found Mobiano but it's kinda annoying and lacks some features.

I don't want any fancy stuff, just a full screen pic with the callers name+number displayed where I want and a personal ringtone. Has anyone found a good app that does all this in a clean and easy way? (preferably without taking over my standard contacts list)

Guest andrewkeith5

I don't understand. The standard contacts application can be used to assign personal ringtones and contact pictures to your contacts, which appear and play when they call you. What'swrong with using that?

Guest Iceline

lol, I never even noticed that xD thanks though

EDIT:

Hm, I can't seem to customize the layout (as in: where do I want the caller's name&number, in what color, what size the pic should be etc)

Edited by Iceline

Guest WearTheFoxHat

You can't customise it. The picture just appears. In the TyTN camera app, there is one template for "contacts" pictures. But any picture will do.

I personally have started using S2U2 (Slide 2 unlock 2) which is freeware, but displays a fullscreen picture and name of the person calling. (Similar to the iphone). It's not the reason I started using s2u2, but it's damn useful to see whose calling.