Free WiFi connection problem

Guest johnyysmith

Guest johnyysmith

I use a Village Hotels gym a few times a week and they have a free WF for which they provide the username and password to members/guests. But when I try to use it I get a connection with no data transfer. Never get prompted for user/pass. Do I need to turn something on or is there a setting to tweak. Any help appreciated

Guest johnyysmith

Only the reception staff who run the place - but what do they know? I do know that if I used a laptop I would be prompted with a login box. So I'm wondering why I dont get that on the Tytn

Guest simon.haffenden
Only the reception staff who run the place - but what do they know? I do know that if I used a laptop I would be prompted with a login box. So I'm wondering why I dont get that on the Tytn

try going to a web page. the logins for these things are normaly a redirect of your home page.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I use a Village Hotels gym a few times a week and they have a free WF for which they provide the username and password to members/guests. But when I try to use it I get a connection with no data transfer. Never get prompted for user/pass. Do I need to turn something on or is there a setting to tweak. Any help appreciated

You have probably tried this - but sometimes when connecting to a wifi network for the 1st time, my Vario III doesn't connect properly. Delete the original connection and do a rescan - this should now prompt you for a password when you connect.

Cheers

SF

Guest DrChris

If your using an alternative browser i find that you have to use PIE in places like wetherspoons that have/had free wifi to load the configuration page. It simply doesnt work in OMini etc as it doesnt seem to redirect you to the page that says "click here for free wifi etc"

Guest johnyysmith

No I'm using IE. Had another go this morning, after changing a load of settings. It kept trying to connect to 3 even though I have 3g turned off. I had a word with their pc support and they said it was an open system and the prompt should be given when trying to access a web page. No joy. The message you cannot connect with your present settings came up each time I dismissed the dialling 3 message. Got home and immediately connected to my home W/Lan with no messages or problems

Guest jimbouk

Its not the wifi connection that is the problem. PIE won't auto access the gym's wifi landing page where you nee to access the username etc. Try Paul's suggestion, otherwise you will need to make a note of the landing page address when you log in with laptop and then try accessing that from PIE.