Share PC internet connection through USB-Kaiser-wifi?

Guest blahmartinblah

Guest blahmartinblah

My desktop PC has a broadband internet connection. I would also like to access the internet on my laptop (which has wifi) but my desktop doesnt have Wifi. The desktop PC is connected to the internet through ethernet, so I dont have a spare ethernet connection there. I had the idea of connecting my Kaiser to my PC via USB, and then sharing the connection through the Kaiser wifi using WMwifirouter. I cant figure out how to get it working though, I can only share the GPRS connection.

Does anyone know how I could do this? Or is there another good approach?

Martin.

Guest shootydogthing

It's not possible, the Kaiser cannot connect over the computer's internet connection. you'd need to stick an Ethernet switch and WiFi access point in behind the desktop. maybe about £30-40... maybe less

Guest blahmartinblah
It's not possible, the Kaiser cannot connect over the computer's internet connection. you'd need to stick an Ethernet switch and WiFi access point in behind the desktop. maybe about £30-40... maybe less

Are you sure? I thought when connected to Activesync, my Kaiser will use the PCs connection? When I have the phone radio disabled and the phone connected via USB I can update the weather info on the today screen, for example.

Martin.

P.S. Im in Edinburgh too :D

Edited by blahmartinblah