Diamond available through T-mob end of June

Guest allydent

Guest allydent

I've just ordered mine from Expansys, but I was on the phone with T-mob and they confirmed to me that their release date for the Diamond will be at the end of this month.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Aye me too. Although I'm looking out for a replacement for her Viewty. She doesn't want to be fiddling with WinMo all the time, but wants a email and internet on the go, and a decent camera.

Guest allydent

I was initially going to wait for the Raphael, but I've been using pretty big devices for a while now. Magician -> Hermes... I want to know what it's like to have a smaller phone again :D

My old Magician obviously had no keypad, like the Diamond. So hopefully I'll be able to get used to that again after all the Hermes qwerty goodness. I just want to be able to use it without the stylus reasonably quickly and accurately.

Apart from the qwerty there's not too much to draw me to the Raphael over the Diamond. I've been working with a 2GB microSD for a long time, so 4GB is a big step up for me, even when I can't hotswap it.

Guest Metoo
I've just ordered mine from Expansys, but I was on the phone with T-mob and they confirmed to me that their release date for the Diamond will be at the end of this month.

As long as you're aware that these are grey imports from HK intended for NW-PCS and not official UK versions as Expansys claim. Lots of hoo-hah with Expansys deleting threads in their forums that expose the lie and point out the potential pitfalls for those impatient souls who have coughed up their hefty price.

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news4083.html and other commentary on xda-dev etc.

No point rushing though, the problems have already started appearing:-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397764

Edited by Metoo

Guest allydent

I have no problem with that so long as it's supported by expansys and under manufacturer warranty.

Edit: If I receive it monday and it turns out I can't register it with HTC then Expansys are getting it back.

Edited by allydent

Guest Metoo
I have no problem with that so long as it's supported by expansys and under manufacturer warranty.

Edit: If I receive it monday and it turns out I can't register it with HTC then Expansys are getting it back.

Don't forget the HTC EU warranty is for 2 years. So far Expansys have kept a stony silence when asked how long their warranty is for, or what arrangements are in place to cover extra shipping times and cost. Even now, they are still advertising it as a UK model, despite it being widely exposed as an unapproved import. This isn't a cheap device. Any purchasing decision and warranty assurance requires a certain amount of good faith in the dealer. Personally, I can't see how Expansys are earning that at the moment.

Another aspect to consider is the suggestion that the official UK shipments (e.g. to Devicewire) have been put back in order for HTC to fix critical software issues. Early user feedback suggests that there are plenty of issues to go at. Is it wise to jump in now with a grey import with buggy firmware, at an inflated price, especially when support from the manufacturer is so uncertain?

Edited by Metoo

Guest trevormuk

I can tell you now that it is not possible to register your product on the HTC site.

I have just tried, but the site does not recognise the S/N.

Have contacted Expansys, T-Mobile and Trading Standards!!

Guest Metoo
I've noticed that the Touch Diamond is available on play.com (stock expected 13/06) - at a fair bit cheaper than expansys - £429.99 vs £494.95!

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/5508...ne/Product.html

£429.95 at Mobilefun too with delivery in "7-14 days". Still, by then Expansys will be laughing all the way to the bank having flogged all their dodgy imports (still advertised as "version: UK") to eager punters. Don't forget at one stage they even jacked it up another tenner to £504.95 (+ postage) to fleece their customers even more. And they still won't own up to exactly what "warranty" you are getting. Certainly not the kind of company I would trust with any of my future business - and it's not helped by sites like this being complicit in the deception (note how, unlike Coolsmartphone, MS Mobiles etc., Modaco has not carried any news item, nor commented on the grey import issue, something to bear in mind when looking for that "objective" view).

Edited by Metoo