buying a Smartphone for Father's day gift

Guest wakei456

Guest wakei456

hey guys my father is really picky for getting gifts, and that it is father's day coming up I would like to get him something that he wants. He's looking for a phone all the time. Here is one that I found online these days

HTC P4550

How do you guys think this one? Would like to see more options from you before purchasing. deals would be much appreciated

Thanks again!

Guest Mysterious Stranger
hey guys my father is really picky for getting gifts, and that it is father's day coming up I would like to get him something that he wants. He's looking for a phone all the time. Here is one that I found online these days

HTC P4550

How do you guys think this one? Would like to see more options from you before purchasing. deals would be much appreciated

Thanks again!

The link clicks through eventually to amazon who state :"This phone does not come with a warranty. These unlocked devices are sourced from many countries around the world. Most come with a manual in English. If there is no manual in English for a given phone, the maual will be provided on the phones product page at Amazon.com. As always, you are covered by Amazon's 30-day return policy. "

Wow! Can they do that?...

Anyway, checkout other devicces, if it;s his first, it may be too complex and get left in a drawer.

Some others:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=168017

Also, dealextreme are doing a HTC Touch knockoff for about $200...

M.S

Guest chucky.egg

The Tytn II is a good device, if a little large and heavy. You'll struggle to match the features in a smaller and lighter handset (until the HTC Raphael comes out later this year anyway).

Bear in mind that these are touch-screen devices (Windows Mobile Professional which, generally, have more capability but at the cost of some ease-of-use).

You might also want to look at "Smartphones" (Windows Mobile Standard) which are often easier to use as phones, but dont have the touch-screen interface.

If he'll primarily use it as a phone then go for Windows Mobile Standard - he can still do Sat Nav, emails, web, Word editing etc etc

Professional does all the same things, but has a bigger, touch-sensitive screen and better battery life, and at the cost of some ease-of-use.

Have a look at the HTC Vox (aka Orange SPV E650), the HTC Touch, Samsung SGH-i600 and i617

There are loads to choose from, you might prefer to give him an Expansys Gift Certificate (if they do one) Don't forget other suppliers - my fave is www.handtec.co.uk for prices, stock and service.

• 2 weeks later...