Replacement Vario 3 battery cover

Guest blackice-original

Guest blackice-original

Does anywhere know where I could get a replacement battery cover for the Vario 3? I've checked on ebay there was nothing, t-mobile accessories said they didn't have any and HTC just said that the Vario 3 cover were a different size to the TyTn 2 ones.

Can anybody help?

Guest andrewkeith5

you'd probably have a hard time, but the tytn ii and vario iii do share the same battery cver (they are just different colours), so if you desperately needed one you could just tell htc that you have a tytn ii

Guest andrewkeith5

so could I (so far my tytn ii seems to have been involved in more falls than everything else i've ever owned put together)...i'm looking, but not finding at the moment :D

Guest andrewkeith5
Apparently a TyTn 2 battery cover can fit on a Vario 3. Can anyone confirm this?

like i said, they are exactly the same device, just different colours. the front keypad can be changed for a tytn ii if you desperately want to as well

Guest RickDawson
You can get then straight from teh HTC shop

http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/p_htc_item.aspx?i=160191

£14.95 is a bit steep tho

That's the only place I found as well. that shop is run by Expansys though.

expensive price for just a bit of moulded plastic,

Is it a black paint or rubberised finish?

If it's rubberised then it would help with the grip of it.

Edited by RickDawson

Guest Mysterious Stranger
That's the only place I found as well. that shop is run by Expansys though.

expensive price for just a bit of moulded plastic,

Is it a black paint or rubberised finish?

If it's rubberised then it would help with the grip of it.

If you do go the eXpansys route consider:

a: You can collect from trafford park if passing and save postage

b: You'll get a £10 voucher off £20 of your next spend - if you sign up to their newsletter they send you a code a month too, so sign up, wait a month, make the order upto £20 and get a tenner off

c: Finally they just got a load of HTC branded ballpoint pens and when they ask you to sign for the collection you could ( like me, ahem ;-)) pocket it - ok, so I asked nicely, but it is a lovely pen... they guy had about 6 in his pockets too....

M.S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mongoose
Called T-mobile directly. They will send a replacement cover in 5 days, no cost was mentioned

I managed to lose my back cover...

I just tried that but got no luck with TMobile - did you go through 150 customer services or do you have another number I could try?