Turn TouchFlo 3D on and off?!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

I think the TouchFlo 3D is fantastic for "showing off" your Touch Diamond, but it's a bit gimmicky, and slightly cumbersome, so I'd like to be able to turn it on and off when it suits me.

Out of the box, to do this you need to go into the homescreen settings and select TouchFlo 3D, or, deselect it, and reselect all your usual homescreen plugins - a bit of a pain.

However, I've realised that browsing to the "Manilla exe" in the Windows directory turns on the TouchFlo without affecting your homescreen plugins. If you then kill the manilla process using a a Task Manager which shows processes, you're straight back to your normal homescreen :D I've made a shortcut in the Start Menu so I can toggle between the two relatively quickly and easily.

But, I'm looking for some clever person out there to make a simple app which toggles between TouchFlo 3D and normal homescreens at the press of a button :( I'm sure it can't be that difficult (for someone who knows what they're doing)??!! It just needs to launch the Manilla exe and then kill it when you want to turn it off.

Anyone fancy having a go ? :o

Cheers

Simon.

Guest ateyercheese

That's exactly what I've found. It's very shiny and is fun for stomping on all those iPhone applephiles out there, but it does slog every now and again.

I'm similarily interested in a neat solution, my software skills aren't up to much (hardware designer you see...)

Guest mjt2810
That's exactly what I've found. It's very shiny and is fun for stomping on all those iPhone applephiles out there, but it does slog every now and again.

I'm similarily interested in a neat solution, my software skills aren't up to much (hardware designer you see...)

There are some excellent fixes for the 3D TouchFlo lagginess over on xda-developers. I've installed the main one and it's made a huge difference and the device is still working absolutely fine. It veritably whizzes along now.

M.

There are some excellent fixes for the 3D TouchFlo lagginess over on xda-developers. I've installed the main one and it's made a huge difference and the device is still working absolutely fine. It veritably whizzes along now.

M.

Do you have a link for that?

• 1 year later...
Guest copenhagen
I think the TouchFlo 3D is fantastic for "showing off" your Touch Diamond, but it's a bit gimmicky, and slightly cumbersome, so I'd like to be able to turn it on and off when it suits me.

Out of the box, to do this you need to go into the homescreen settings and select TouchFlo 3D, or, deselect it, and reselect all your usual homescreen plugins - a bit of a pain.

However, I've realised that browsing to the "Manilla exe" in the Windows directory turns on the TouchFlo without affecting your homescreen plugins. If you then kill the manilla process using a a Task Manager which shows processes, you're straight back to your normal homescreen :( I've made a shortcut in the Start Menu so I can toggle between the two relatively quickly and easily.

But, I'm looking for some clever person out there to make a simple app which toggles between TouchFlo 3D and normal homescreens at the press of a button :( I'm sure it can't be that difficult (for someone who knows what they're doing)??!! It just needs to launch the Manilla exe and then kill it when you want to turn it off.

Anyone fancy having a go ? :(

Cheers

Simon.

SIMON!!!!! I may be a little late to this partay... however I was in your boat a while back ... and I wrote EXACTLY what you are looking for. Granted it is a mortscript.. either way.. Ill cut and paste some info for you to your home changing app :(

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=619162

----------------------------

Recently purchased an HTC HD2. The device ships with manila(htc sense)/titanium/and classic today screen capabilities. Of course there is no easy way to toggle between them. I wasted several hours searching for something already made to easily toggle today screens and found only a mish mash of confusing apps that didnt work anyway; SO I gave up searching and wrote a toggler using mortscript.

What it does:

This script allows you to toggle from WM5 style (classic) to Titanium to HTC Sense (manila) and back

all with ONE screen tap. !!Non HTC Sense Manila devices should not use this unless you edit the .mscr; modify references to HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense to suit your needs!!

Requirements..........

----------------------------

once you are there, I also made one for non tf3d devices (if you ever need) its in my sig.

hope this helps... i certainly made using my hd2 much easier.

good luck (i registered in this forum for you! lol)

-cope

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2 Bunny

TouchFlow is nothing more than a plugin for the today screen, and thus all you have to do is stop in the settings in the first tab that shows up (I forget the name), stop at the today screen tab, and from there you can customize your today plugins.

- 2 Bunny