Does anyone here use there HTC TyTN II in Panama?

Guest bosstone

Guest bosstone

I am going to Panama for several months and am taking my TyTn II . I wanted some tips from people who are currently there or have been there on a few things.

What service is the best one to get?

What does the service cost for unlimited data and calling?

Did you use skype while you were there? Any problems?

Did you use GPS while there? What maps etc do I need to get?

Any and everything I should get to prepare my phone to do everything it does here in Panama.

Thanks

CC

Edited by bosstone

Guest bosstone

Well over on xda-devlopers someone told me that the HTC TyTN II will not even work in Panama because of the humidity and the device will be ruined.

Does anyone else know if this is true? If so I am so depressed since I just paid $500 for this phone 2 days ago and I bought it specifically since I am moveing to Panama to work.

Someone HELP and give me some advice or thoughts on this situation.

• 1 month later...
Guest Noel1973

How says that your kaiser will be destroy because of humidity hehehee, I don't think will be a problem, I couldn't use the GPS because I have tomtom and there is no maps from Panama. So my guess you must have a software that contains Panama maps. Mobile technology in Panama is not really advance believe me so using the GPS is a new thing, you should try to contact this Brittish mobole company call Cable and Wireless, they are the best candidates to solve your problem.

Guest rebecker
Well over on xda-devlopers someone told me that the HTC TyTN II will not even work in Panama because of the humidity and the device will be ruined.

Does anyone else know if this is true? If so I am so depressed since I just paid $500 for this phone 2 days ago and I bought it specifically since I am moveing to Panama to work.

Someone HELP and give me some advice or thoughts on this situation.

I read about the humidity issue too (In fact, I responded to it). I've had a TyTN II in Costa Rica (right next door to Panama) since October. It works great. I've also had an old HP iPAQ 4705 in CR for 4 years. It still works. However, I'm on my THIRD laptop. I'd say you should be much more concerned about your laptop than you phone. Since, as far as I know, the TyTN II doesn't have any moving parts, it should do OK. Whether it will survive two or more years remains to be seen. My advise: Don't worry; enjoy the phone! :D

-Bob-