Garmin Mobile XT question?

Guest Dennis Ser

Guest Dennis Ser

Hi guys .. just wandering if anyone her uses Garmin Mobile XT on their Samsung i780? :D :(

I have mine installed with the software for GPS Navigation purpose and funny thing is I always get this prompt message as below.

Garmin Mobile XT

The latest version of the Garmin Mobile XT software is already installed on the handheld. Do you want to run it?

Yes No

This prompt message keeps appearing with no fix interval and no matter what my choice of selection is, either Yes or No, it will still appear.

It's not like there is anything wrong with it but it just gets annoying after some time. Hope someone can share their experience with me. Thanks. :o :lol:

Guest Metoo
Hi guys .. just wandering if anyone her uses Garmin Mobile XT on their Samsung i780? :D :(

I have mine installed with the software for GPS Navigation purpose and funny thing is I always get this prompt message as below.

Garmin Mobile XT

The latest version of the Garmin Mobile XT software is already installed on the handheld. Do you want to run it?

Yes No

This prompt message keeps appearing with no fix interval and no matter what my choice of selection is, either Yes or No, it will still appear.

It's not like there is anything wrong with it but it just gets annoying after some time. Hope someone can share their experience with me. Thanks. :o :lol:

Try renaming the "2577" directory on your storage card to something else (e.g. 2577.garmin) disable the auto install.

Edited by Metoo

Guest Dennis Ser
Try renaming the "2577" directory on your storage card to something else (e.g. 2577.garmin) disable the auto install.

Thanks .. I did that and will try to see if it works. :D :(

Guest Amplificator
Thanks .. I did that and will try to see if it works. :D :(

You could also just delete the folder.. I've done that several times and it works just fine.

Guest Metoo
You could also just delete the folder.. I've done that several times and it works just fine.

True, but that then makes it harder to reinstall if you regularly switch devices or applications, or need to restore after a hard reset. That's why on my SD card I keep 2577.garmin, 2577.copilot. and 2577.ttn, plus a directory with CAB files for all my other favourite apps.

Guest Dennis Ser

Thanks :D :( :o It works and there is no more irritating message asking to run Garmin every on and off interval.

:lol: :lol:

Guest Yosatan

Hey guys,

I have a quick question. I'm shure it doesn't have anything to do with this post but please i need help.

I am not familiar with gps or anything else and i'm a beginner in all this stuff. I have garmin xt but i don't know how to install it or anything else.....SOS.......

thanks. :D :(

Guest Metoo
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. I'm shure it doesn't have anything to do with this post but please i need help.

I am not familiar with gps or anything else and i'm a beginner in all this stuff. I have garmin xt but i don't know how to install it or anything else.....SOS.......

thanks. :D :(

All you have to do with Garmin XT is insert the card and it installs itself (hence this thread). Assuming you have the legitimate version of course. If not, then we can't advise you here, you'll just have to Google.