Opera Mobile 9.5

Guest Sin_Chase

Guest Sin_Chase

Had a search around and saw nothing.

Why are all the icons, menus and pretty much everything super-sized on the Kaiser?

I mean the URL entry bar and the menu icons take 80% of the screen when popped up. They are FAR more slimline and sleek on other devices, take the HTC device used in Opera's official demo tour video for example.

In portrait mode you cannot even see the right side of the menu bars and buttons. The Tick and Cross, Clear buttons overlap each other, take up stupid amounts of space. It wreaks of a serious scaling issue with the software on this device. You can see all of 1 or 2 Bookmark entries at any one time, same for tabs.

Its bloody annoying, especially how the software does not know the screen is slid out and keyboard in use because every damn time you go into a text entry area it pops the soft keyboard.

Am I the only one frustrated by the very blatent issue with Opera Mobile or is it somehow an issue with my phone/its settings? Any youtube videos I can find show the same Super-size me GUI.

Apart from the Flash Support being poor/non-exsistant in some cases this would actually be a decent browser if it looked like it should do.

Edited by Sin_Chase

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I think you must have some wierd settings somewhere ... I've used the *ahem* copy of 9.5 and it's great. No overlapping icons, they are however a suitable size for surfing with a finger.

Nothing however meets the ease and simplicity of Safari on iPod touch.

Guest coercri
Had a search around and saw nothing.

Why are all the icons, menus and pretty much everything super-sized on the Kaiser?

I mean the URL entry bar and the menu icons take 80% of the screen when popped up. They are FAR more slimline and sleek on other devices, take the HTC device used in Opera's official demo tour video for example.

In portrait mode you cannot even see the right side of the menu bars and buttons. The Tick and Cross, Clear buttons overlap each other, take up stupid amounts of space. It wreaks of a serious scaling issue with the software on this device. You can see all of 1 or 2 Bookmark entries at any one time, same for tabs.

Its bloody annoying, especially how the software does not know the screen is slid out and keyboard in use because every damn time you go into a text entry area it pops the soft keyboard.

Am I the only one frustrated by the very blatent issue with Opera Mobile or is it somehow an issue with my phone/its settings? Any youtube videos I can find show the same Super-size me GUI.

Apart from the Flash Support being poor/non-exsistant in some cases this would actually be a decent browser if it looked like it should do.

I think your problem is you have the VGA version of the program, you need the QGA version. This works fine (well for me anyway)!