Problem With WM 6.1

Guest rollens

Guest rollens

Need some help. I upgraded my TYTN II with the 6.1 upgrade and now I am unable to reload my spb backup with lots of apps and other items. I would be happy now to return to the 6.0. How to I reflash back to 6.0 profesional, and where do I get a copy of the 6.0 rom? thanks, rick

Guest Webreaper
Need some help. I upgraded my TYTN II with the 6.1 upgrade and now I am unable to reload my spb backup with lots of apps and other items. I would be happy now to return to the 6.0. How to I reflash back to 6.0 profesional, and where do I get a copy of the 6.0 rom? thanks, rick

I think you need to diagnose why your backup won't reload. I suspect it's a problem with Sprite, not WM, and you may well find that when you reflash to 6.0 you can't restore your backup either.

Guest Boinng

I think what the OP found out the hard way is right - you can't restore a backup from 6.0 to a 6.1 ROM, as there are too many changes between the two ROMs. It's quite unhealthy to restore a backup from one ROM onto another anyway, since you may be restoring settings etc that actually conflict with the new system - it's best to use backups only for restoring data to the same device, not for transferring to something new (which is what your Tytn II essentially is, after it's software has been upgraded).

The best (but longwinded) way would indeed be to restore the 6.0 ROM, then restore the backup, then find another more manual way to copy the data off in some way that can be copied back after an update. Personally I copied all my documents to the PC, sync'd my calendar, contacts and mail with Exchange, and then used software called PIMBackup to just backup my SMS and my call history. Then, after upgrading to 6.1, an Exchange sync restored much of the data, documents could just be copied back over, and the PIMBackup restored my SMS and call history quite happily (although MMS attachments, eg pictures, were lost).

PIMBackup is freeware, just google for it. For the 6.0 Rom, try a search on XDA Developers forum, they have links to pretty much every rom released there.

Edited by Boinng

Guest Webreaper

Ouch. Yeah, all the stuff I need persisted (pics, etc) gets stored on the MicrosSD anyway, and the contacts all get sync'd to Outlook. I couldn't care less about call history and SMSes, and my email is all server-side anyway. So restoring after the new ROM took just 30 minutes (mostly to install apps) and that was it.

I don't trust backup software. And quite rightly so, it seems. :D

Guest Mr Alom

Yes, your right not to trust the backup software!!

I lost everything I backed up after flashing my device with the upgraded official WM 6.1! :D

I tried to restore all my data after the flash and it asked me for a PIN, which I inputted but it wouldn't excepting it so (silly me) kept on trying, trying and trying until my device proformed a hardrest itself and wiped everything from my memory card including all the data I backed up from my previous ROM. :(

Edited by Mr Alom