Please help with Hotmail

Guest Jandy

Guest Jandy

Hi there,

Apologies for what may be a basic enquiry, though I can find no answers through searching the forum. I hope you can help....

I used to have a Vario I, and was able to sign in with my hotmail details just once - after which I needed only press 'send/receive emails' to sync my inbox. I've just got myself a Vario III, but am having trouble setting up my email to do the same. I have to enter my username, password and email address each time. When I go through the Messaging menu I also have to click 'setup new account' each time, as it doesn't store my details. Is this how I must check my hotmail, via windows live in the web browser, or is there a way to download the messages like I used to?

Thankyou!

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Hi there,

Apologies for what may be a basic enquiry, though I can find no answers through searching the forum. I hope you can help....

I used to have a Vario I, and was able to sign in with my hotmail details just once - after which I needed only press 'send/receive emails' to sync my inbox. I've just got myself a Vario III, but am having trouble setting up my email to do the same. I have to enter my username, password and email address each time. When I go through the Messaging menu I also have to click 'setup new account' each time, as it doesn't store my details. Is this how I must check my hotmail, via windows live in the web browser, or is there a way to download the messages like I used to?

Thankyou!

Vario I had WM5? If so, then MS took off the windows Live application from WM6 I have placed a cab file I got from xda-devs on my shared files:

http://www.4shared.com/file/40410320/43313...rified=165ea9ff

Guest Jandy

Wearthefoxhat - I wasn't using a windows live program, but I was having to use the 'setup new account' tab on the email, after which I was directed through a link to IE and had to sign in to hotmail each time......

Now, Thanks a lot Kevin, I have installed the Windows Live program, and my emails sync directly to my inbox on command without having to sign in each time, or go through the browser. Is this a common complaint with WM6 then?

Thanks again guys, I'm happy that this has been resolved!

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Wearthefoxhat - I wasn't using a windows live program, but I was having to use the 'setup new account' tab on the email, after which I was directed through a link to IE and had to sign in to hotmail each time......

Now, Thanks a lot Kevin, I have installed the Windows Live program, and my emails sync directly to my inbox on command without having to sign in each time, or go through the browser. Is this a common complaint with WM6 then?

Thanks again guys, I'm happy that this has been resolved!

I don't think it is a huge problem, as I don't think many of the users are on Hotmail. But it certainly bugged me! Glad you are good to go.

Guest Jandy
I don't think it is a huge problem, as I don't think many of the users are on Hotmail. But it certainly bugged me! Glad you are good to go.

I think I spoke too soon....... it synced the mail first try, but is very inconsistent. (95% of the time it doesn't work) Do I need to get a gmail account!?