MPx200 Won't make calls

Guest Matthew850

Guest Matthew850

My MPx200 arrived yesterday (brilliant phone bwt) and all was well until later on that day It suddenly stopped making calls. I had no credit on it but when I made a call it would just redirect me to orange telling me to get more credit. Now when I make a call it gives me an error saying: Unable to complete the number as dialled. Verify the number and try again. It's the same story for all numbers, I can't even ring the number to top-up. The only thing I can think of that may have affected it in some way would be I decerted it using the CAB files avalible. I can't think why it would though.

Guest Mysterious Stranger

My MPx200 arrived yesterday (brilliant phone bwt) and all was well until later on that day It suddenly stopped making calls. I had no credit on it but when I made a call it would just redirect me to orange telling me to get more credit. Now when I make a call it gives me an error saying: Unable to complete the number as dialled. Verify the number and try again. It's the same story for all numbers, I can't even ring the number to top-up. The only thing I can think of that may have affected it in some way would be I decerted it using the CAB files avalible. I can't think why it would though.

Tried a different sim / phone? Might have been barred.

M.S

Guest awarner (MVP)

Are you getting any signal bars? normally when the phone is barred you do not get a signal.

I've seen this problem before and it can be down to the way your numbers are stored. Check you have +44 infront of the numbers without a space between the rest of the number.

If another SIM does not work you could try a hard rest. Also the american AT&T version of the MPX200 is a dual band device with the exception of a few early models that were made triband could it be possible that you have one of these?