Book and CD cataloguing software

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to manage my book and CD collection... a way to stop myself from buying duplicates, and so I know what I've got! Ideally I'd like some software which I can manage on my PC (WinXP), but have a copy on my SPV M3100 so that I can check when I'm in a shop.

Does anyone do this, and if so, any recommendations?

Cheers!

Guest SheepWorrier
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to manage my book and CD collection... a way to stop myself from buying duplicates, and so I know what I've got! Ideally I'd like some software which I can manage on my PC (WinXP), but have a copy on my SPV M3100 so that I can check when I'm in a shop.

Does anyone do this, and if so, any recommendations?

Cheers!

Here I was thinking I thought I was the only one in this situation!

I used to use some software by http://www.collectorz.com, which means compiling a database on the PC then exporting to HTML / XML etc and either sync this with the phone or upload it to a web server. That didn't quite fit the bill though because on the phone I want to filter by author and maybe add / edit entries.

Next up, I tried a fancy Excel spreadhseet and sync-ed that to the phone, but Excel mobile dropped the macros and made it cumbersome.

Now, I'm writing my own PHP / MySQL website to do this as I've got unlimited data with T-Mobile.

If you find something out there, then please let me know!