SNES - Chrono Trigger

Guest Makotoi

Guest Makotoi

I'm just writing this in case someone else has the same problem I had.

I spent a lot of time leveling up my character in the nooby zone before I really got into the game then I finally went into the Cathedral and the screen went black. I turned on the sound and I heard the music was still playing. Here's the fix:

Go to options and turn transparency effects off.

This makes the main world look terrible but it at least lets you play through the rest of the game. I'm trying to play through this game from start to finish on my Moto Q because it's one of the greatest RPGs ever made, but also in case anyone else wants to play it. The Mode 7 stuff seems to work okay, it's just this one weird transparency issue so far. If they patched it to allow a quick transparency toggle key that would be cool. The big fix would be to check what mapping textures it requires to do the transparent layer in the cathedral and patch that into 1.53+

Does anyone know if the maker is still working on pocketSNES?

Guest nothin

Well, first of all - masterall's/omap/SP ports of psnes ARE not first ones :D

for NORMAL, oldstyle PPC's there were far better ports of predecessor.

in case of xscale optimised n0p's port i just can say:

chrono trigger gameplay is perfect with transparency, sound maxxed on @ ~400 mhz..xscale(not trendy samsungs, not slow omaps...just old ppc).

so hail to new wonderful machines...

n0p port is useless for samsung and omap cpus(it will be S_L_O_W)..

i can recommend earthbound fight scenes as perfect transparency/snes_effects tests - with n0p port nad masterall's one(do not look at performance).

Edited by nothin

Guest Makotoi

Well, first of all - masterall's/omap/SP ports of psnes ARE not first ones :D

for NORMAL, oldstyle PPC's there were far better ports of predecessor.

in case of xscale optimised n0p's port i just can say:

chrono trigger gameplay is perfect with transparency, sound maxxed on @ ~400 mhz..xscale(not trendy samsungs, not slow omaps...just old ppc).

so hail to new wonderful machines...

n0p port is useless for samsung and omap cpus(it will be S_L_O_W)..

i can recommend earthbound fight scenes as perfect transparency/snes_effects tests - with n0p port nad masterall's one(do not look at performance).

I can almost play this with sound but it's just too slow. (I may look for a processor booster if you have any suggestions) So far I'm in the future and I just found Robo and things are looking smooth.