Smartphone reads Barcode ?

Guest batez

Guest batez

Hi, i have the programm: i-nigma... but the qualitiy of the camera is poor, and the programm always tries to connect to the internet... THAT SUCKS...

so my question is the following: Is there any program, which can read barcodes from MILK, or PIZZA and so on ? ... Barcodes like this :

http://cero.coolnetworx.net/uploads/Barcode.gif

???

Without internet ? only for checking the price ?

Guest jester02k

Hi

you posted two very different types of bar codes one the type you want that’s on milk, pizza and, every thing else you buy is the old style barcode one dimensional or horizontal (the bars are all the same size). For that you will need a serial or Bluetooth reader/scanner most camera phones cant read them. Plus from you post you don’t want it to connect to the internet it would be imposable to keep all the barcode data on your phone the database would be too big.

The second barcode you mentioned is the new 2 dimensional type they use the vertical and horizontal. They can be recognized by camera phone software and are used mostly for advertisements and mobile web content. Examples is your walking down the street and see a poster of a new CD take a snap of it and it gets the release date off the web and where you can buy it. They are also used a lot in Asia for train and bus schedules as well.

I hope I answered what you were looking for