WinMo game developer? Win with the AT&T Game Development Contest for Windows Mobile

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Are you a Windows Mobile developer, in particular a game developer? If so, then you may be interested in 'AT&T Game Development Contest for Windows Mobile', running thru until 31st July 2008!

From the AT&T competition page...

AT&T Game Development Contest for Windows Mobile

The AT&T Developer Program, devCentral, has partnered with Windows Mobile, HTC and mobile game distributor, I-play, to bring you the AT&T Game Development Contest for Windows Mobile. Show us what you've got and have the chance to win $25,000 cash and a distribution contract. Other prizes include $5,000 cash for runners-up.

Key Dates

compo.png
Aside from that, details are pretty thin, however the official rules can be found on this page. What you effectively need to provide to enter the competition is...

• a properly completed official entry form (available on the website)
  • a digital copy (CAB file) of your Windows-based gaming application in usable form. Your gaming application must be intended for and function on at least one (1) the following type(s) of handsets: AT&T Tilt, Samsung Blackjack II, AT&T 8525. Any additional files required for installation or use should also be included. You are strongly encouraged to read and follow the game design guidelines available http://developer.att.com/developer/.
  • a jpg screenshot that best depicts your application.
  • a description of the game in 100 words or fewer.
  • instructions on how to play the game in 100 words or fewer.
  • a technical explanation of how the game was designed in 100 words or fewer.
  • a description of yourself in 100 words or fewer.
  • Fancy giving it a go? If so, good luck! :D

P

Guest Urban Strata

This one really has my head scratching. As much as I'm a WM fan and love the idea of this contest, what's in it for AT&T to support a dev contest for only one platform? Last time I checked, AT&T supports S60, BlackBerry OS, iPhone, and a multitude of other OSes. As far as I know, Microsoft is not supporting AT&T in this endeavor.

My "conspiracy theory" bone is triggering a "what gives?" flag! :D

Sounded like a good idea until I read the small print. Basicaly by submitting a game you sign it over to them totally, including it's IP and they can then do whatever they want with it and win or lose they get to keep it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.