Yahoo broadens Go 3.0 device support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
ebaygo.png
If like me you've been patiently waiting for Pocket PC devices to be added to Yahoo! Go 3.0's device supported list, then your wait is over as Yahoo! Go 3.0 now supports Pocket PC devices as well as Smartphones.

Available now here at the product page, version 3.0 builds on the innovative and likeable carousel interface of the previous version with added extensibility via 'widgets', with widgets already available for popular sites such as eBay, myspace etc. Widgets are also open to development by 3rd parties, so - for example - there's no reason we couldn't develop a MoDaCo News widget :(

While the new version looks good, there's is still no support for Yahoo! IM (dropped in the move to version 2.0), which will disappoint YIM users. On the flipside, the excellent, news, weather, FlickR support etc. remains, and if you want to use YIM then Palringo is the way to go anyway... :D

As before, Yahoo! Go is completely free, so it's well worth a download. You can also check your device is supported here.

Enjoy!

P

Guest mstephenson

Been using Yahoo Go pretty much since day 1 and decided to give version 3.0 a go this afternoon and I have to say i'm very impressed. Quite a few changes from the last release and all of them good so far. Firstly the appearance is much better, I especially like the fact that you can go round the carousel and get a preview from each section without having to individually open each one. The best feature though has to be the addition of the widgets, i've put wikipedia and e-bay on so far and they're both great; easy to use, quick loading and saves alot of time vs opening up pocket i.e.

Well worth a download

Guest andymaw

Won't download to my Vario 2. Just says the device is not supported and asks for my phone number to text me when it is supported.

Guest Markda2000
Won't download to my Vario 2. Just says the device is not supported and asks for my phone number to text me when it is supported.

same here on my TYTN II

anyone got any direct links or a cab file?

Guest andymaw

Still the same, I click on the download link and get the "Yahoo! Go is not currently available for your device" message.

I can only assume it's because I'm running a rom with windows 6.1.

Guest thewitney
Still the same, I click on the download link and get the "Yahoo! Go is not currently available for your device" message.

I can only assume it's because I'm running a rom with windows 6.1.

Hi,

I don't think it's anything to do with Windows 6.1. I'm running an Orange TyTn 2 with windows 6 and it won't install, asking me for my number so it can text me when it will be available but my wife's Orange Touch Duel is running it no problems?

Guest andymaw

Just to let you know, I have managed to download this now. Turns out it was because I was using the Netfront browser, tried it in pocket IE and it worked fine. Hope that helps anyone else. Paul, maybe you could add a footnote to the news post?

• 3 months later...
Guest dr_nick

managed to d/l and install on my tytnII (WM6.1) without problem, but the software just crashes when i attempt to login using my deets.

anyone else having or managed to resolve this issue?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.