Sometimes no messages are received by the phone, including standard text messages

Guest Sridhar-HakunaMatata

Guest Sridhar-HakunaMatata

We have two versions of the application (net cf 1.0 & 2.0). The application wil intercept the SMS's that came from our server.

On my tilt phone, running the .net cf 1.0 builds, randomly the phone will not receive any of our application messages, or standard text messages.

When I am in this state, when I try to send a standard text message, it gets stuck in the outbox.

Quiting the application will sometimes resolve the problem.

Restarting the phone will always resolve the problem, but any messages not received are lost forever (including standard text messages)

Uninstalling the application will also resolve the problem (which includes a restart, so that makes sense).

This behavior does not seem to happen with .net 2.0 builds. It does not happen if the applciation is not installed.

Exact Steps to reproduce are not known,its occuring randomly..

It wolud be gr8 if u can help me to solve this..

Thanks in advance..

Guest Dumdidum

Hi

So I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I have coded several applications that are intercepting SMS with .NET CF 1, 2 & 3.5.

But I dont trust it anymore. 99% of the messages are ok, but 1% not.

It's nearly impossible to reproduce it, as I think that the problem is in the interception code of microsoft.

It's a big disappointment, as the possibility in the CF to intercept the messages is outstanding easy... but if Icannot be trusted that all sms are received ok, I wont use it anymore...

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've not experienced this (but not really used it in anger), very concerning tho!

:D

Particularly as a project i'm about to start uses this functionality!

P